JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First ?smart? pistol hits shelves in California | Fox News
?We need the iPhone of guns?: Will smart guns transform the gun industry? - The Washington Post

While at first glance it seems like something none of us would ever buy (reliability concerns and cost) and something we could simply ignore, reading further into the washington post article it seems residents in New Jersey and California are already screwed. There's laws there that require all gun sales to be "smart" guns within 3 years of the first one's introduction. The article also mentioned there's a similar national level bill introduced.

Not looking into anything else.. Why is there not an outrage for class warfare and equal rights when it comes to this "smart gun" issue in those states?

Smart guns should be illegal on principal alone.

$1800 makes self defense a "rich mans" right.
"An unarmed man is a peasant, an armed man is a citizen."

$1800 makes peasants of "most" of us.. If we played by their rules.
Silly liberals.

I have many disjointed thoughts on this, mostly on how fukt up it is.

betcha all the "smart" features can be disabled in 20 minutes by a 5 year old with a paperclip.

Wonder if there is a charger base for the gun and the watch.

Cell phone jammer from Ebay ought to disable it.

I can only hope the police use these, they do have a penchant for spending taxpayer money like drunken sailors. (and the cell phone jammer.. well you get the idea)

I have many disjointed thoughts on this, mostly on how fukt up it is.

betcha all the "smart" features can be disabled in 20 minutes by a 5 year old with a paperclip.

Wonder if there is a charger base for the gun and the watch.

Cell phone jammer from Ebay ought to disable it.

I can only hope the police use these, they do have a penchant for spending taxpayer money like drunken sailors. (and the cell phone jammer.. well you get the idea)

If the military and police are required to use these, and can you imagine the uproar if they aren't, then all it will take is someone like me hacking together an open source system to disable the guns, and the police/military will not be armed anywhere that one of these jammers would be in place. Ordinary citizens OTOH, who have non-"smart" firearms, would be armed - as would be criminals.

Yup - I see this lasting about as long as it takes for someone to throw one of these jammers together (it would not be hard) and demonstrate that it basically disarms the government.

I sometimes smirk at the tin foil hats around here. Now it looks like we're going to tin foil mitts with little grounding straps.
Instead of the concealed carry asking "Am I printing?" it will be "Am I crinkling?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top