JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
International 'Smart gun' symposium slated Jan. 28 in Seattle

An international symposium on so-called "smart guns" is scheduled Jan. 28 in downtown Seattle, but there will also be representation from two leading gun rights organizations and firearms technology experts, which could lead to a lively discussion.

<broken link removed>

Bloomberg specials.. If that is what this is, they need to be boycotted.
They are "owner" killers and false security for the chicken coop crowd.

The perfect scenario for these dumb guns is one where one of the anti's needs defending and the
owner of one of these being unable to make it fire and the anti gets a bullet in the head while the defender is fumbling with the dumb gun while the perp shoots the anti. :)

Things like that are all they comprehend....................:mad:
But even that won't do it as they live in blind denial.

Last Edited:
The attorneys will love it. Product liability suits! And just what will be the cost of this advanced technology? People still get in their automobiles and drive impaired. Just why isn't every new car made equipped with a breathalyzer ignition interlock? The government mandates just about every other safety / environmental feature on new cars (the cost of which is passed on to the consumer), why not interlock switches?

Maybe every trigger should have wifi. Then it could be connected directly to the Obamacare database to make sure your doctor says it's okay for you to take the safety off. Also, if bullets were reclassified as drones they could be regulated by the FAA.

I have a some silly questions about two of the discussed topics:
Will Seattle PD be out in force arresting folks for multiple transfers of firearms during their demonstrations? Will the CCRBKA and the SAF be reminding the visitors that they are committing gross misdemeanors by touching the demonstration firearms?
Will Armatix' pistol work remote kill switch where there is no radio signal? Only an idiot thinks that cell phones, satellites, and wifi signal is ubiquitous.

I'm holding out planning on investing my money in the smart tech they come up with to retro fit the 350+ Million firearms all ready in use in the country. I'm especially interested in what they come up with for my .50 cal cap and ball rifles with the two triggers.

Instead of this ridiculous "smart gun" stuff, how about they push for something that is actually useful like tax credits for a gun safe?

I have a some silly questions about two of the discussed topics:
Will Seattle PD be out in force arresting folks for multiple transfers of firearms during their demonstrations? Will the CCRBKA and the SAF be reminding the visitors that they are committing gross misdemeanors by touching the demonstration firearms?
Will Armatix' pistol work remote kill switch where there is no radio signal? Only an idiot thinks that cell phones, satellites, and wifi signal is ubiquitous.

Did you even read the story? This is not a demonstration, it's a symposium.

I'm waiting for the chance to demonstrate how easy it is to circumvent the "smart" with simple tools and show the instructions going viral on the internet. I've read a DOJ evaluation of several designs and it seems the only thing preventing someone from dumbing one out is not having it in their hands yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top