JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No boat for me. Always used to fish for em in smaller creeks wading with a fly rod. Sometimes even down to a 2 wt. Hit em with wooly buggers and nyphms with rubber legs, or grasshoppers on top, or drag a crawdad pattern or sculpin through the silt using a sink tip.
This is the way to fish for bass :) I gave up spin fishing and deep sea fishing two decades ago and only fly fish now. Mainly for trout, but occasionally for bass and have also done it for salmon in Alaska.

Not Smallies...OR the Willamette, but today we had a great morning catching Shad on the Umpqua!

20180602_113011.jpg 20180602_065654_001.jpg

20180602_065640.jpg

I never caught shad but the upper Umpqua is one of my favs... nice catch.

We used to tow our drift boat up from Brookings to Elkton. Stayed in the campground there and caught a bunch of smallies. Also went further up and put in our inflatable 2man kayak. That's a hoot!!

I never caught shad but the upper Umpqua is one of my favs... nice catch.

We used to tow our drift boat up from Brookings to Elkton. Stayed in the campground there and caught a bunch of smallies. Also went further up and put in our inflatable 2man kayak. That's a hoot!!
It was my first time shad fishing. It was fast and furious. I think I'm hooked(no pun)

Shad are a whole lot of fun, good chance at some jack salmon too! ;)
I went out crappie fishing, caught one of these...

77441286-741C-4118-94C9-67C6573C9855.jpeg

Maybe two...

7AD84469-FA48-469C-8248-F0D95610FC2A.jpeg

At least I know my new kayak works... and the osprey is not always successful in catching its prey.
Next week I might get serious... ;)

18-20 fish in the boat today for myself and a friend visiting from Arizona. The flick Shakey did the trick and PB&J was the color of choice.
I'm looking forward to all this algae Bloom and grass to finally move through and for the river to clean up. Cleaning your lure every cast gets old real quick

received_1776645069067521.jpeg

18-20 fish in the boat today for myself and a friend visiting from Arizona. The flick Shakey did the trick and PB&J was the color of choice.
I'm looking forward to all this algae Bloom and grass to finally move through and for the river to clean up. Cleaning your lure every cast gets old real quick

View attachment 466707
Nice fish and another perfect day.

I was on the Willamette for a few hours yesterday...Champoeg. Got skunked but did catch a lot of algae.

I think when I hit the water Monday we were too soon after a cold front. The Tualatin was about 6 inches higher and a lot colder than it was 1 week earlier. Today is going to bring rain again, but this weekend is going to see 90+ degree temps. It may also see me ballz deep wet wading and hunting bass again! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top