JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 4516s&wi I am very happy with. Not very light but has been very reliable. It is not a SA so it would probably not fit the ops needs. I am. A great fan of the S&W 3rd Gen pistols

I had a moment of weakness a week ago fortunately I came to my senses. I cannot get rid of this pistol.

Kahr P45 Stainless. 4" barrel. Keep the long trigger pull stock. Works OK. Don't forget the 12 extra factory 6 rd mags.

Edited by HB: ... The little Kahr P45 is a bucker. Tends to jump when firing with +P. I try to always use both hands. With one hand drills a little bit hard to handle.

But ... less buck than the overall recoil winner which is the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special. Ouch. More perceived recoil than the S&W 629 .44 mag Mountain Gun. Yikes!

All compared to the sweet heart standard pussy cat, the 1911 .45 full size auto which just sits in your hand saying "Bang" and not much else. Sweet. Heavy weight. :)

Last Edited:
Springfield XDS 3.3 45acp
Own it. Hate it. Can't figure out what is going on with it, but I can't hit jack with it. I can't even figure out where it is grouping. It is the one gun I have seriously gotten mad at.

I like the Sig MUCH better. I still might be interested in a colt defender in my future as a companion gun. First day out, I was hitting okay. I think mine needs a slight sight adjustment as my groups were off target a little consistently, but by adjusting point of aim, at 10 yards I got 3 bullets in almost same hole. (there were two tiny ears off of it being actually in the same hole.) I look forward to getting to know it and its quirks better. So far the p938 isn't going anywhere as my carry gun., but I can see the Sig 45 taking its role for some situations.

I despise long trigger pulls, so when people mention them, I kind of lose interest. They really tend to screw up my accuracy. Also in the heat of the moment I want a short, crisp trigger pull. I don't want a light pull, but I want a short one.

I just shot a couple of magazines thru my 45 Shield yesterday (6+1, 7 for 14 rounds) and it is pretty good, but my XDS 45 3.3 is a touch better but the capacity is down on the XDS. I can carry a XDS 3.3 completely concealed in my jeans front pocket (In a RKBA Flat pocket holster) No can do with a Shield, even though it too has a 3.3" barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top