JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have just collected my 16mm scale Welsh Highland Railway Beyer-Garratt loco from a series of fix-ups, and although I ran it yesterday in a very successful 'provong' run, it got rained off. Ne'ertheless, I bethought me that there might just be a couple of you over there interested enough to see what I'm prattling on about, so here's a short movie clip of the loco running last September with a couple of little cars I built. Needless to say, it easily hauls around twenty of these things, but that was all I had with me at the time...

And BTW, The Welsh Highland Railway is not an imaginary line like the Hogwarts Express, but a thriving 2 foot gauge short line in North Wales, where theyhave FIVE of these remarkable locomotives, rescued from a line in Natal Province RSA.

Here's a clip of one of them in its own scenery....

Enjoy!!

tac
16mm Association
G Scale Society
G1MRA
OVGRS

Last Edited:
Yet another hobby i need! Lol
My dad passed on to me, my Grand Dads train collection of H.O. scale trains! Going through it, i found a "kit" Grand Dad built of an all brass "BigBoy" that runs! That sucker must weigh 4 pounds! I dont remember ever seeing that loco in the collection all the years he had it set up in the garage! Dont know what the heck im going to to with all this, but i am putting the BigBoy and tender in a desplay case for my living room at home! Would be kind of fun to set up a small desplay and run it!
Neto tac would love to see those run in person!:):):)

Great work, tac! Would the drivers ever get to be spinning that fast on a regular sized train?

Well, the real thing is limited to 25mph in English, and even at that speed them little wheels are whizzing around like Catherine wheel fireworks. Lemme try and find one movie of one of the Beyer-Garratts flat out, and we'll see. Certainly the K1 - the world's VERY FIRST B-G, now running on the Welsh Highland Line - looks like the Hiawatha express at 25mph...

Enjoy.

tac

YOWSER - great stuff! My uncle was a gandy dancer for the Milwaukee Road (CMSTP&P) back in Wisconsin, so I grew up riding the put puts as he fixed the rails. It was a simpler time back then when a small child could be put in harm's way with no worries. HA

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top