JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The others would be on every firearm forum and website in existence, so it would be a pretty time consuming task, not to mention getting you in bad with the other 3999 folks, so it's probably not worth pursuing. BTW, the folks who know me were rolling around helpless with laughter when they saw the "dignified" thing.......well almost helpless...........ok, they were chuckling pretty hard..........especially since you did not say you'd delete THEIR posts, like I misread...........

I wonder if SR or SPM is a closer match to SP?

It has been tough to find small pistol, but Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro had CCI a few months back so I restocked. A few weeks ago they had some Winchester in stock.

Not knowing what Obama would say today, I went to Sportsman's Hillsboro and bought primers & powder before his speech. They had several boxes of SPP in Federal and Winnie (may have had some Rem too). I bought SPM, SRP & LRM bricks.

Not knowing what Obama would say today, I went to Sportsman's Hillsboro and bought primers & powder before his speech. They had several boxes of SPP in Federal and Winnie (may have had some Rem too). I bought SPM, SRP & LRM bricks.

As of a few minutes ago they were down to 4 x 100 Winchester and 10 x 100 Federal GM. So I just tucked a jar of WSF under my arm. Also saw some 300-MP, 800X, HS-6, Longshot, Universal, and H110 looking to find good homes.

I was just looking in the Lasr-Cast manual for .357 Magnum rifle data. Interestingly, they use Remington 1 1/2 primers for all loads except IMR-4227 which they used a WSR primer for. In their pistol data they use WSP for the faster powders and WSPM for the slower powders. They say the rifle loads are safe to shoot in revolvers so that means there is at least one manual in print that lists a SR pistol load.

Probably 90% of firearm manufacturers say to not use reloads at all and does that stop anybody? nope

Yeah that's true. And the reason they say that is there is always some ignorant dope who doesn't want to use published reloading guidelines and uses an out of spec primer, bullet, powder, or load, thinking its all the same and proceeds to blow themselves or their gun up, and then blames the gun manufacturer. Duh! What a lame thing to say! Almost like saying everyone knows its illegal to drive drunk, but lots of folks do it anyway and get away with it.

Yeah that's true. And the reason they say that is there is always some ignorant dope who doesn't want to use published reloading guidelines and uses an out of spec primer, bullet, powder, or load, thinking its all the same and proceeds to blow themselves or their gun up, and then blames the gun manufacturer. Duh! What a lame thing to say! Almost like saying everyone knows its illegal to drive drunk, but lots of folks do it anyway and get away with it.
fail, pablum boi.
O edit, that wasn't meant to be harsh or bannable or something, but it needed to be said.

FWIW.....I have and do use, sm rifle primers in place of sm pistol primers on occasion. Then, I also use sm pistol primers to load pistol cartridges too. But either way, I'm still reducing my starting loads on any new untested load.

The way I figure it is.......since I'm reducing new loads by say 10% from max (or whatever you're comfortable with)......well, it's as good a place to start as any. Watch for the signs of over pressure. Aka: read the primers. Warning, it's not always exact. But, I don't own a pressure machine or a chronograph. So there.

Then.......do I really need to have my lead cast bullets zipping out of my barrel at 1000+ fps?

Nope. Most of my shooting w/ lead cast bullets are going out at a far slower speed. And, I'm comfortable with that.

If I was really uncomfortable with having only sm rifle primers and wanting sm pistol primers. Then, I'd exchange them. I've done it with/for several people, through the classified section.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads