JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the question i have is, why can't you use small rifle primers in the place of small pistol, they are exactly the same size. I can't see were it wouldn't work, anybody got and opion or and answer? i think i'm going to load up a few and see how they work, seeing that i'm getting low on SP and have a lot of SR.
Thanks,:s0155:

They work great on full size and well built pistols. On cheaper pistols or ones with weaker springs they can fail with light primer strikes since typically the metal in the cup is harder in small rifle primers then pistols.

I have great results with small rifle in my sig 226 and have seen them worked great in a glock 17. But in my Keltec pf-9 I had light primer strikes in 1 out of 4 rounds. For the range it still works but anything half way important I would not use them.

Steven

Ya i was told the SR had a heavier metal too but i will be shooting them in a Glock 17 and 22 as well as a HK usp so sounds like i could use em for plinking. But yes i wouldn't want to load anything i had to depend on.

Thanks for the info, think maybe i'll load some up and try em.

Steve,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads