JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Small pistol primers are normally between $30-40 US around here, and are the hardest to find. I would expect rifle caliber primers to be more available, hence cheaper, but I don't keep up with rifle primer prices so I don't Know. $60/1000 is about double the normal going rate for SPP and is substantially less than most of the online prices I've seen. In any event, I was very happy to get them even at that rate.

When I was buying primers "off the shelf". I usually found *American primer prices to mostly be the same across the varieties (and brand for brand).......Sm Rilfe or Sm Rifle Mag or Sm Pistol or Sm Pistol Mag (and the same for the large primers). The price difference came......when buying "match grade or benchrest primers". And....of course the shotgun primers ran more too.

BTW......I didn't buy those "Military Spec" primers. Though now a days.....it's popular to spec certain primers for loading the .223 Rem. cartridge. Yes.....note that Remington Primers, are specific about that.

*It was only later, that brand vs brand prices became more noticeable. Brand loyalty probably had something to do with it. Whatever.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
When I was buying primers "off the shelf". I usually found *American primer prices to mostly be the same across the varieties (and brand for brand).......Sm Rilfe or Sm Rifle Mag or Sm Pistol or Sm Pistol Mag (and the same for the large primers). The price difference came......when buying "match grade or benchrest primers". And....of course the shotgun primers ran more too.

BTW......I didn't buy those "Military Spec" primers. Though now a days.....it's popular to spec certain primers for loading the .223 Rem. cartridge. Yes.....note that Remington Primers, are specific about that.

*It was only later, that brand vs brand prices became more noticeable. Brand loyalty probably had something to do with it. Whatever.

Aloha, Mark
Actually, and I didn't mention this initially, but about half of the 25,000 SPP that I bought WERE Federal "match" or whatever they call them. Prices were the same however, for both. (@$60/1000)

... Not seem to be a shortage in CA. At least in the websites I'm seeing.

Yeah -- I was constantly getting excited until I figured out to look at the "about" page and figure out where they're at. This place really confused me for a while, given the name and the flag I figured it was in the south somewhere -- well it is -- WAY south and half a world away: Primers

The prices - man - at first I thought it was gouging til I figured out it isn't USD.

EDIT: LOL, the only thing are sold out on is some large rifle primers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top