JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Tough to find" From what I found out earlier this year, they're only tough to find in the areas that the supply company "All Sports" services, that would be Fisherman's, Wholesale Sports, Bi-mart, and other local stores I would guess. I had no problem finding the powder and primers I needed from Powder Valley, very friendly with great prices, just need to pay the haz-mat fee of $27.50. I bought an an 8# jug of powder and finding a NWFA member to split it with for cost was a breeze, we both saved money.

Conehead, I would suggest we get a group buy going for the local PDX area. Anyone that uses CCI pistol primers, large and small. W-231 powder hasn't been available, as far as I know, for months now.....I think even HS6 and Titegroup hasn't been on the shelves of Bi-mart for a while.

There's a "Group Buy" forum further down a bit, if you were to start a thread on there I'd be in for a K each of CCI small and large pistol primers. PM me if you're interested in such a thing or start a thread in the group buy forum.

Mike

I am sure I saw small pistol primers the other day in the Bi-mart in Hillsboro. I am not 100% on that. I think they were CCI. I was buying large pistol primers. I am sure that they have W-231, Tight Group and HS6. Bullseye too. I bought a 1lbs of it. I am headed there tomorrow. I will check again.

Bi Mart typically receives freight on Mondays if I remember correctly and on the 24th they had a sale end on primers, powder and ball. So some of the stores might not be resupplied yet.

Bi Mart in Hillsboro had about 1,500 CCI primers yesterday. I just buy it online and split the order with a friend. Primers comes out to about $21/1k for Tula / Wolf and about $15/pound for powder. We normally buy $500-$700 worth of primers and powder at a time to cut down on cost. With primers selling for $30/1k for primers on sale I never buy it in store anymore.

I don't know what Bi-Mart, Fisherman's and Wholesale Sport's has on their shelves currently. Earlier in the year (Feb-Mar?) I was going in or calling every week, and every week they still weren't getting product. I got a load of stuff from Powder Valley and am still set for the most part. I was in the Halsey street Bi-Mart a couple of weeks ago and the shelves were void of certain ammo, pistol primers and, of course, the powder I would have wanted, just like early in the year. I would hazard a guess that if one Bi-mart HAD only 1500 primers a day or two ago, today the have none and will probably have none for __?

Bi-Mart has the greatest employees anywhere, the company that serves them is the issue. If you guys are getting what you need localy, good deal! I guess my choices of powder were wrong, should have picked the ones that Allsport's can keep on the shelves of our local stores.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads