JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SOB is bad, Appendix is bad...blah blah blah. I'd just give it a try and let us know what you think. 20 years of appendix carry and I haven't shot off any appendages...

PS, if you let it get to a point that you got dumped on your azz and hurt your spine/tailbone get in better shape or stop being an clutz? LOL

PS, if you let it get to a point that you got dumped on your azz and hurt your spine/tailbone get in better shape or stop being an clutz? LOL
Ya, but if your pushed over, instant paralysis. Didn't you know?

Don't even get me started on driving with a gun right up against your back.

Some reason, my feelings, tell me I should definitely not carry SOB putting up Christmas lights.

Its a shame as I always carry when I'm vertical so I'm afraid no more Christmas lights!

Perhaps I should have specified that I'd be specifically carrying a Keltec or Taurus in this fashion?

Those would likely paralyze me before I even fall on my back though!

Do they still have a special set of tags for Disabled Hunting?

That could be a plus!:D

On Point - I did try SOB for a day. The ONE place on my body that has zero fat is SOB.

And the draw position is farther back/behind than I prefer, so I have no useful intel.

GL with the search!

I've had good luck with El Paso Saddlery holsters...
( Not with the style requested...but in general )

They make one ( a "slide" style ) for the SOB...but its canted like the one in the OP picture...
They do make one called the "High Slide"....that has little to no cant....could that work , but worn in the SOB position...not worn on the side...?
Andy

Exactly. Landing on a piece of steel that is directly covering your spine is a disaster waiting to happen.
This is exactly why many LEO's stopped carrying some stuff like this. For a long time it was common to see them with things on the duty belt in this spot because it was out of the way and made room for the crap they have to carry. Then injuries started to happen from falling on these things. I did for a LONG time often carry a pistol this way but with an inside pants left hand, so grip was facing my strong hand (right) as I reached. Was a very comfortable and quick draw. I finally stopped due to fear of falling on the damn thing for some reason and what it could do to the spine.

SOB is bad, Appendix is bad...blah blah blah. I'd just give it a try and let us know what you think. 20 years of appendix carry and I haven't shot off any appendages...
That one did make me literally LOL. I have been carrying a 1911 as long as I carried. Always of course hammer back. If I had a buck for every stupid comment from people who would see the hammer, no matter where I had the pistol, and what part of me was going to get "blown off", I would be in league with Bill G money wise :D

Used one of these mostly when riding my motorcycle but also other times when needed. Had a Galco like picture but I don't see it on their site but Gould makes a similar one (link below)
opplanet-galco-sob-small-of-back-holster-2.jpg

I'd be carrying this holster in the 4-5 o'clock position. Right above my right butt cheek.

So nothing will really change other than the angle of the gun. (Something I've probably didn't do a good job explaining because everyone jumped to how I'd just break my back!)

It would also be a sub compact to micro pistol. Do not much length to try and deal with in terms of the grip vs slide.

I figure the thing that irks me the most is the vertical part of any gun. For most, that is the slide that is vertical, or canted. My goal is to try the grip being the only vertical part vs the slide.

Being fairly flat in the front and sides, everything I've tried thus far pokes into a bone or something pretty uncomfortably. That or half the holster shows below the shirt.

If the slide was horizontal with my belt and the grip stuck upwards, I could manage that I think, VS the slide being mostly vertical like most holsters.

Craft Holsters makes one.

I've got a Craft Holster shoulder holster for the Sig M11, great fit and a reasonable price. Crafts office is here in Oregon even though the holsters are made elsewhere. They're worth a look.

Just don't have an AD and make yourself a second butthole.... :s0140:

Sorry, couldn't help it...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews