JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of giving this a try. The way my butt and torso are shaped, my shirt hangs better over my lower back than my belly. I'm done shoving muzzles down my pants! This looks like a comfortable fit, maybe. Worth a try at least.

Anyone know of a good brand making this type of thing but with an almost horizontal hold vs this canted picture?

1590526384361.jpeg

I don't recommend SOB AT ALL. If you fall, either from clumsiness or due to an attack/defense you can seriously injure yourself up to and including paralyzation.

Basically, DON'T.

@titsonritz care to chime in?

I don't recommend SOB AT ALL. If you fall, either from clumsiness or due to an attack/defense you can seriously injure yourself up to and including paralyzation.

Basically, DON'T.

@titsonritz care to chime in?
From landing on the gun?

I appreciate he concerns and recommendations against not carrying this way.

It still is something I'd like to at least try.

I currently carry in an OWB as it is.

I don't see how the holster I have is drastically different then the one I posted above in my picture.

I'd likely not carry this exactly at 6 o'clock. It just makes sense in my head. If it sucks, it sucks.
Exactly. Landing on a piece of steel that is directly covering your spine is a disaster waiting to happen.
Thanks for the concern and recommendations. Just like carrying appendix I'm guessing some risks are involved, IE paralyzed from a mishap, or shooting ones balls off!:eek:

Anyways, anyone know of a good holster company that makes such a thing? Now that the thread may hopefully continue on?

Years ago I meet a guy in a wheelchair at a gun store who was buying .22 LR for his rifle. We talked for a while and how he got paralyzed came up in conversation.
He was using a SOB holster for his revolver and fell off a step ladder. Never walked again afterwards. This was mid 90s.
Strongly recommend against Small of Back carry.

Ok. Thread is dead. Thanks!

Go ahead and close her up.

Never said anything about hurt feelings.

Though that's always assumed by a few.

Thread got derailed almost instantly.

Chances of actually getting a recommendation went from maybe to zero in a few posts.

Then when I ask to have the thread closed. I am a poster child for "feelings".

Some just like to be who they are because that's how they are, unfortunately being on NWFA means you have to deal with this type of thing happening.

Thanks!

Reno

MOB (middle of the back) where the gun is positioned over the spine is considered dangerous, while the average SOB (small of back) carrier cheats the holster to their strong side with the gun off the spinal column.

There are pros and cons. Accessibility can be a problem from various positions but that applies to many other carry positions too. Defending your firearm from an attacker is more difficult when carried SOB. Draw stroke will need to be practiced to overcome previous well-learned draw stroke mechanics. Safely reholstering can be a challenge especially if you need to do it one-handed. Running, dancing, and doing backflips are not encouraged with this rig which is a deal-breaker for me.

Last Edited:
In all honesty, I'm still open to recommendations, so if the moderator here, or another moderator wouldn't mind cleaning up this thread versus trying to prove they are right or something, instead of just ignoring the thread, I'd appreciate it.

It seems folks are just sharing their opinion and since it's not against forum rules to share them I'm seeing no recourse to remove content. Maybe just pass them up like I pass up anchovies on pizza?

That said, if you still want to try it, my buddy loves his:

It seems folks are just sharing their opinion and since it's not against forum rules to share them I'm seeing no recourse to remove content. Maybe just pass them up like I pass up anchovies on pizza?

That said, if you still want to try it, my buddy loves his:
In that case, please just close the thread. Thanks!

At this point, now I'm truly curious if I'll get recommendations or just more of the same, follow the leader I guess...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top