Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Small LED flashlight for $10 shipped

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Burt Gummer, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

This flashlight is the real deal. Brighter than a PD30 and most Surefire models by far.

Of course, the build quality/weight does not make it a good choice for a mounted light. For a handheld/car light it is A++. It really IS 400 lumen. Takes CR123s (2) or AAAs (4).

A Chinese slave worked hard to make this the least you can do is buy one or two.

7W CREE Q5 LED Flashlight Torch Zoomable 400 Lumens dy | eBay

2. Burt Gummer

OK I had to try it. Had a 30mm ring that fit it. So for about $12 invested. This crazy thing is like a car halogen headlight. Heavy, yes. Too big, yes. But wow - the light this thing throws, adjustable beam with easy to access dial. Sorry for crappy cell pic.

TenDollarLight.jpg

3. Burt Gummer

Vs TLR-2

$10 on right plus has adjustable beam; on widest beam coverage it is still as bright or brighter. If you drop it or break it who cares.

Compare.jpg

4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

You cheap -o.......but that's the theem for that kel. Looks like a great deal but I'm skeptical, every cheapo light I've had failed. I'll peep yours out. And test vs the Gerber recon 2, surefire 6P/200 lumen bulb, surefire 952, surefire defender and TLR-1.

5. Wood Worker

Wood Worker Linn County Oregon Active Member

can you share with me the battery life of the 10$ flashlight?
    I am interested how often I would have to swap out the CR123a's.

6. Burt Gummer

SVT - some people aren't rich like you - spoiled spoon fed!!! LOL Let's get out to the range. I am hoping this week.

Seriously the light is just too big and heavy for a desirable weapons light. It sure is worth $10 for a grab and go light though. Somehow you get the thing in less than 4-5 days all the way from China. I would say the life is 1.5-2 hours most likely. I'll bring you a freebie, bought four myself.

7. Wood Worker

Wood Worker Linn County Oregon Active Member

Thank you for your help with possible run time.
    I will look for another listing from the seller, and give it a go.

8. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

thanks i just ordered one

9. Burt Gummer

Here's another seller. I am convinced they are all listed from the same factory. People are getting wise, so the price is creeping up. I didn't realize they take THREE battery configs - 3 AAs, 2 CR123s, or one 18650 battery - that is nice + you can get them in rechargeables.

Zoomable Focus CREE Q5 LED 7W 400 Lumens 3 Modes Flashlight Torch Bright+Clip | eBay

Once you get it, tell me that thing isn't the brightest small flashlight you have ever held. It is impossible to look into it - I tried of course.

10. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

i've been playing with that for a few months. it's not 400lm projected. the zoom lens is
    a bit laughable. better buy is the 3 pack at Costco using CREE's for $20 pack.

11. Burt Gummer

I bought one of those three packs and the light was anemic. Maybe it is a different one now.

12. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

i want one but dang paypal froze my account for selling a "colt ar15 upper" someone order me one i'll pay you back.

Hey SVT when are we going shooting?