Small LED flashlight for $10 shipped

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Burt Gummer, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland
    Completely Out of Ammo Bronze Supporter

This flashlight is the real deal. Brighter than a PD30 and most Surefire models by far.

Of course, the build quality/weight does not make it a good choice for a mounted light. For a handheld/car light it is A++. It really IS 400 lumen. Takes CR123s (2) or AAAs (4).

A Chinese slave worked hard to make this the least you can do is buy one or two.

7W CREE Q5 LED Flashlight Torch Zoomable 400 Lumens dy | eBay

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland

OK I had to try it. Had a 30mm ring that fit it. So for about $12 invested. This crazy thing is like a car halogen headlight. Heavy, yes. Too big, yes. But wow - the light this thing throws, adjustable beam with easy to access dial. Sorry for crappy cell pic.

TenDollarLight.jpg

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland

Vs TLR-2

$10 on right plus has adjustable beam; on widest beam coverage it is still as bright or brighter. If you drop it or break it who cares.

Compare.jpg

4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY
    Tigard
    Resident Beretta guru

You cheap -o.......but that's the theem for that kel. Looks like a great deal but I'm skeptical, every cheapo light I've had failed. I'll peep yours out. And test vs the Gerber recon 2, surefire 6P/200 lumen bulb, surefire 952, surefire defender and TLR-1.

5. Wood Worker

Wood Worker
    Linn County Oregon

can you share with me the battery life of the 10$ flashlight?
    I am interested how often I would have to swap out the CR123a's.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland

SVT - some people aren't rich like you - spoiled spoon fed!!! LOL Let's get out to the range. I am hoping this week.

Seriously the light is just too big and heavy for a desirable weapons light. It sure is worth $10 for a grab and go light though. Somehow you get the thing in less than 4-5 days all the way from China. I would say the life is 1.5-2 hours most likely. I'll bring you a freebie, bought four myself.

7. Wood Worker

Wood Worker
    Linn County Oregon

Thank you for your help with possible run time.
    I will look for another listing from the seller, and give it a go.

8. nitestocker

nitestocker
    woodland washington

thanks i just ordered one

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland

Here's another seller. I am convinced they are all listed from the same factory. People are getting wise, so the price is creeping up. I didn't realize they take THREE battery configs - 3 AAs, 2 CR123s, or one 18650 battery - that is nice + you can get them in rechargeables.

Zoomable Focus CREE Q5 LED 7W 400 Lumens 3 Modes Flashlight Torch Bright+Clip | eBay

Once you get it, tell me that thing isn't the brightest small flashlight you have ever held. It is impossible to look into it - I tried of course.

10. waltermitty

waltermitty
    seattle

i've been playing with that for a few months. it's not 400lm projected. the zoom lens is
    a bit laughable. better buy is the 3 pack at Costco using CREE's for $20 pack.

11. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland

I bought one of those three packs and the light was anemic. Maybe it is a different one now.

12. eldbillbo

eldbillbo
    clackamas
    New world samurai and a redneck none the less

i want one but dang paypal froze my account for selling a "colt ar15 upper" someone order me one i'll pay you back.

Hey SVT when are we going shooting?