JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm going to be picking up the Scorpion Micro S2 when it drops. I'll want to run a dedicated suppressor rather than the "faux suppressor" Osprey thing they have on it. Sounds like it will be slightly recessed (3/4") under the handguard so I need to find a 9mm suppressor that is thin.

What's everyone recommending?

I believe the thinnest 9mm suppressor on the market is the Dead Air Odessa, at 1.1" OD.

The Rugged Obsidian is 1.37" OD, which seems to be the standard diameter. There might be others in the 1.25" range if you look around.

Length may also be a consideration. The SilencerCo Omega 9k is 4.7" in length, but is 1.48" diameter. A little more girth on this can than some of the others previously mentioned, but what is nice is the short length keeps my Scorpion SBR nice and compact. There's also a great review on YouTube by MAC with the Omega 9k on a EVO S3. I've attached a link to the can below.

Omega 9K - 45K | Quietest Suppressor - SilencerCo

Length is one of the reasons I went with the Obsidian 9. In short configuration, it is 4.85" long x 1.37" OD. Very similar in size to the Omega 9K, but has the option of the long configuration for additional suppression. The Omega 9K's primary advantage is the ability to run .300 Blackout supersonics, whereas the Obsidian 9 is limited to subsonics only with .300 Blackout.

Last Edited:
My Liberty Cosmic fits inside a KAC URX4 handguard using a 3 lug so there's no hassle.
IMG_20180802_225921772_zpsbaddsxxd.jpg

So I'm going to be picking up the Scorpion Micro S2 when it drops. I'll want to run a dedicated suppressor rather than the "faux suppressor" Osprey thing they have on it. Sounds like it will be slightly recessed (3/4") under the handguard so I need to find a 9mm suppressor that is thin.

What's everyone recommending?
Do you know what the ID of your handguard is?

If I'm reading things correctly, your handguard should fit any suppressor up to 1.57" in diameter. Basically, it's large enough to use any suppressor you choose, all the way up to a SilencerCo Hybrid.

Suppressor choice will depend on preferences and priorities. For shorter suppressors, the Omega 9K is an excellent choice, and I'm personally a big fan of the Obsidian 9. There's also the Ghost-M, TiRant 9M, and CGS Kraken-SK. The Octane 9 is still a good choice too, but longer.

For Multi-caliber suppressors, the SilencerCo Hybrid, Liberty Mystic X or Cosmic, and Griffin Optimus are all good choices.

The Odessa 9 is the slimmest and most versatile as far as length, but might look funny with that large of a handguard.

Right now Dead Air has a great deal where you can get a Ghost-M for $399 with the purchase of another Dead Air suppressor. The Dead Air Mask (.22LR) and Dead Air Sandman-S (7.62) are two of my favorite suppressors, and either would make for a good package deal to go with the Ghost-M.

Whichever you go with, I definitely recommend looking at a 3-lug system for ease of installation and removal.

Hope this helps!

If I'm reading things correctly, your handguard should fit any suppressor up to 1.57" in diameter. Basically, it's large enough to use any suppressor you choose, all the way up to a SilencerCo Hybrid.

Suppressor choice will depend on preferences and priorities. For shorter suppressors, the Omega 9K is an excellent choice, and I'm personally a big fan of the Obsidian 9. There's also the Ghost-M, TiRant 9M, and CGS Kraken-SK. The Octane 9 is still a good choice too, but longer.

For Multi-caliber suppressors, the SilencerCo Hybrid, Liberty Mystic X or Cosmic, and Griffin Optimus are all good choices.

The Odessa 9 is the slimmest and most versatile as far as length, but might look funny with that large of a handguard.

Right now Dead Air has a great deal where you can get a Ghost-M for $399 with the purchase of another Dead Air suppressor. The Dead Air Mask (.22LR) and Dead Air Sandman-S (7.62) are two of my favorite suppressors, and either would make for a good package deal to go with the Ghost-M.

Whichever you go with, I definitely recommend looking at a 3-lug system for ease of installation and removal.

Hope this helps!
Actually that really helps so thank you. Here's my conundrum. My favorite AR pistol in 5.56 has a Dead Air flash hider on it which will obviously work great with a Dead Air Sandman suppressor. My other AR (currently up for sale) has a SilencerCo Trifecta brake (pinned and welded) which would work great with a SilencerCo Saker suppressor. I ALSO have a Glock 43 threaded barrel from SilencerCo with included piston. I've somewhat convinced myself not to get a suppressor for my 5.56 because suppressing a short barrel AR doesn't accomplish a whole lot SO....

What I've decided is to get a dedicated range blaster like a Scorpion EVO in 9mm and share that suppressor with the Glock pistol. I'd probably have to get a second mounting system but at least I'd only have to go for 1 tax stamp and suppressor and being 9mm, I can run subs and actually be quiet with it. I'll look over the ones you've sent me as see what'll be most cost effective.

I think you're wrong about suppressors not doing much on short barrels. Short barrels are where they are needed the most! I run a Sandman-S on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol and it makes a world of difference!

That Trifecta mount might become a problem long term, as everyone has ditched the Trifecta for the ASR. Another thing to look at is the Dead Air Key-Mo mount for the Saker and Omega, allowing you to use them on a Dead Air flash hider or muzzle brake! Another good suppressor that can use Dead Air mounts is the EA VOX.

My recommendation, when you decide to purchase a rifle suppressor, would be to go ahead and swap out the Trifecta mount for whatever you decide to standardize on. Since you already have one Dead Air flash hider, that might be something to consider.

Since you plan to run your pistol suppressor on a Glock 43, I would definitely recommend one of the shorter or modular cans. Having an 8" can hanging off the end of such a small pistol might be a bit unwieldy.

I personally like the Rugged Obsidian 9, but the Omega 9K has a very loyal following. Both can use your existing piston. The Ghost-M is also a good choice, considering the current promotion, but it uses a proprietary piston.

One advantage to a user serviceable can like the Obsidian is that you can also use it on .22LR, though I would recommend a dedicated .22LR suppressor eventually. The Omega 9K is not recommended for .22LR, as it's sealed and there's no way to properly clean it.

If you'd ever like to check out the Sandman or Obsidian 9 in person, just let me know.

I'm not as concerned about running the Glock 43 at the moment. I always kinda figured it would get it's own suppressor down the road but now that you mention modular suppressors you've kinda got me thinking.
Of the one's you've sent me so far...the Liberty Mystic X and Cosmic have piqued my interest the most based on their versatility for various calibers. Being able to use it on a 9mm subgun and 5.56 would be sweet (although it looks pretty long). I also am building a 6.5 creedmoor bolt action.... But mounting systems become the other dilemma. This is really tough. I'd love to get one ordered because it's already gonna be a wait.

A lot of people like the universal suppressors, but they are bigger and heavier than a caliber specific suppressor. You also end up paying a lot for all of the different mounting options, and constantly have to switch mounts.

I personally prefer dedicated suppressors, so I'm not having to move them around a lot or deal with changing mounts or pistons all the time. I'm not saying it's the best option, just what I prefer.

My personal recommendation would be to start a good 9mm or .45 can, and then eventually get a .22LR and 7.62 suppressor.

When I mentioned modular, I was meaning those that have both a long and short configuration like the Obsidian 9, Ghost-M, and TiRant-9M. If you're looking for a short suppressor only, and don't need the long configuration, the Omega 9K and CGS Kraken-SK would be good options.

Whichever one you go with, plan on getting a 3-lug mount for the Scorpion. It's worth it!

You certainly have more knowledge on suppressors than your average Joe! Thanks for the help. I may have to message you should I be close to purchase and on the fence about it.

I just spend way too much time on the internet, that's all...
:s0102:
Im pretty darn close to pulling the trigger on the SilencerCo hybrid. The Keymo mount will work with it to attach to my Dead Air FH according to them. SilencerCo will also provide a Saker mount for my Trifecta. And then I just need a mount for the 9mm Scorpion. I'll probably have several months to iron that out!

SiCo hybrid = 17.3 oz. without mount
Liberty Cosmic = 9.5 oz. without mount

Just FYI
My thoughts exactly.

The Hybrid is an amazing suppressor, but it's biggest downside is weight.

At 17.3 ounces (without mount, I presume) it will definitely be noticeable on the Scorpion, but should be manageable. Trying to use it on the Glock 43 would be amusing, to say the least...

Compare this to an Omega 9K at 7.2 ounces, or the Obsidian 9 at 8.7 ounces in short configuration.

OP, I'm not trying to dissuade you from the Hybrid, as it's an amazing and versatile product, but just trying to point out that you are considering hanging over a pound of weight off the end of what is designed to be a small, lightweight package.

How soon are you picking up the Scorpion, and when were you planning on purchasing your suppressor? If you have time, we can mount both my Sandman-S and Obsidian 9 on it to help you get a feel for the approximate size and weight. You might also try to find a place that has the Hybrid in stock, for comparison purposes.

Im pretty darn close to pulling the trigger on the SilencerCo hybrid. The Keymo mount will work with it to attach to my Dead Air FH according to them. SilencerCo will also provide a Saker mount for my Trifecta. And then I just need a mount for the 9mm Scorpion. I'll probably have several months to iron that out!
Another thing to consider about the Hybrid is the cost of all the additional mounts.

The Key-Mo is $225 by itself, a direct thread adapter from SilencerCo is $129, and the 3-lug mount is $140.

I'm not even seeing a Trifecta amount available for the Hybrid. There is one available for the Saker, but it does not fit the Hybrid. :(

When you add up the cost for all the additional mounts, you could have easily purchased a separate rifle and pistol suppressor.

The other big downside is only being able to use it on one firearm at a time, and having to swap mounts every time you want to swap platforms.

I personally like having multiple suppressors, so I can let one cool while I shoot something else.

Just my opinion, of course.

Another thing to consider about the Hybrid is the cost of all the additional mounts.

The Key-Mo is $225 by itself, a direct thread adapter from SilencerCo is $129, and the 3-lug mount is $140.

I'm not even seeing a Trifecta amount available for the Hybrid. There is one available for the Saker, but it does not fit the Hybrid. :(

When you add up the cost for all the additional mounts, you could have easily purchased a separate rifle and pistol suppressor.

The other big downside is only being able to use it on one firearm at a time, and having to swap mounts every time you want to swap platforms.

I personally like having multiple suppressors, so I can let one cool while I shoot something else.

Just my opinion, of course.
I was under the impression it came with a mount? What good is a suppressor if it can't be mounted to anything? Lol. I talked to Silencerco last year about a Saker and they said they'd include a mount AND a muzzle device of my choice to match so I don't know why they wouldn't with just as costly a suppressor....hmmm. I had better check. Still waiting on a response to a previous inquiry from them.

SiCo hybrid = 17.3 oz. without mount
Liberty Cosmic = 9.5 oz. without mount

Just FYI
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too concerned with weight but more the cost of all of this in total. If Liberty had a way of mounting to my Dead Air FH I'd go for it. Of course I could swap muzzle devices but I'm still probably going to need a mount and a muzzle device which will cost me.

Well bubblegum. If this is what it will come down to I guess I'll be purchasing a dedicated 9mm suppressor to start for the Scorpion. For me it's going to be used more suppressed than either 5.56. I can't spring for 2 cans right now. I'm waiting for the Scorpion micro 2 to drop. That's already gonna set me back $1k or so...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top