JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.32 H&R magnum revolver. Similar to a .38 or .380 auto as far as stopping power. You can also shoot .32 longs for less recoil. Small frame and the magnum can do some significant damage. You may have to reload if you want a defensive round for the .32 longs. My Taurus trigger is easy to pull in double action.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE FACTORY PARTS IN A CARRY GUN!!! Have I said that loud enough.
Every one wants a gun that they can shoot reliably and accurately. But if you use that modified gun. You just opened the door to a HUGE liability in your defense if you get the wrong prosecutors. Or a civil case opens and the case gets way out of hand. Do you want any possible flaws in your defense?
If you want case studies and examples check out Massad Ayoobs work. I imagine he can quote by heart cases. In his MAG40 class he shows a interview of a police officer who put the 3.5# kit in his Glock. Shot some one on accident and the city had to pay. I believe he was charged and acquitted. (It was 4 years ago can't remember. If I have my information wrong I will correct it. ). The point is they made the trigger modification part of the lawsuit and trial. Don't give them any opportunity.
If you need to buy another firearm that fits you then do so. Don't change some thing to fit. It has serious ramifications if used and you draw a short straw.
Pm me if you want the title of the interview. I also can email Massad for more info.

In his MAG40 class he shows a interview of a police officer who put the 3.5# kit in his Glock. Shot some one on accident and the city had to pay. I believe he was charged and acquitted. (It was 4 years ago can't remember. If I have my information wrong I will correct it. ). The point is they made the trigger modification part of the lawsuit and trial. Don't give them any opportunity.
If you need to buy another firearm that fits you then do so. Don't change some thing to fit. It has serious ramifications if used and you draw a short straw.
Pm me if you want the title of the interview. I also can email Massad for more info.

A good shoot is a good shoot! You "accidentally" shoot me or anyone else you better be prepared to have EVERY part of your gun, personality, history ect picked apart. YMMV

Thanks for all of the replies. At this point, I'm really looking for a lightweight SA/DA revolver.....if such a thing exists. Racking a semi is out of the question for my wife, as is a safety. The LCR is the point and shoot revolver but the trigger pull is so hard that it's mainly useful for making the threat or making the noise....hitting a 2 ft square target at 7 yards is questionable.

No. No I didn't. Please site a case where someone was involved in a self defense shooting and was convicted because the firearm was modified. I stand by my assertion that a good shoot is a good shoot.

I'm not saying any thing about the shoot or circumstances. I am saying do not give any leverage to question you or your tools. Why open the door. If there is a question on you ability to be affective with with your chosen fire arm in factory condition then practice and or choose another one.

No. No I didn't. Please site a case where someone was involved in a self defense shooting and was convicted because the firearm was modified. I stand by my assertion that a good shoot is a good shoot.
Massad Ayoob pushes this idea.
People are split on it.
I don't see a problem with massaging a trigger a bit.

Think of the hypothetical problems you could run into defending yourself with a home built AR or even the ever gaining in popularity Glock kits.

Buy a Sig p238 or a p938 and be done with it. Bought a 938 for my girlfriend, she likes it. She also shot a p238 but liked the extra power of the 9mm. That's my 2 cents

For a Better Wheel gun, I would look to ether Smith & Wesson or Colt for their little Snubbies! My Grand Mom carried a Smith Snubby for decades and she could hit with it what she aimed for well into her 90's, its double action trigger isn't all that heavy and it is stupid simple and reliable!
Pretty much the Same with the little Colts, point and squeeze, BANG, rinse and repeat!

Today, I would be looking for a Smith&Wesson Air weight hammerless in .38 special or 9 mm and moon clips, and be done with it!
It checks ALL the boxes nicely!
1580182134338.png

Buy a smith 642 and put a Wilson combat spring kit in it (only about $8) plus a small amount of polish on the internals and you have a great little belly gun.
Ive done a couple, just a few weeks ago I took my son and a few of his friends and their girlfriends. The women loved to shoot my 642 more than my kimber K6s.

Last Edited:
USMC1911 you missed my point entirely
Your point isn't missed it's just that some of us have been in the CC community for decades and have been hearing this load for years.

I've been aware of Massad's opinions since the late '70's. Some times I agree with him other times not. If you wish to worship him great, he's a good source of knowledge however his opinions have not always been static.

Bad shoot, good shoot, it's on you. Having a stock gun is not likely to have any influence unless you have a very inept lawyer.

Back to the topic, find a range that has a good selection of rentals and find something that works for you guys. As has been mentioned a .22 revolver would not be the first choice for defense of many here.

Have you considered te Beretta M86? Hi-cap .380 with tip-up barrel.

I always thought such a big .380 didn't make sense until I got arthtitis in my hands. Too bad Beretta didn't make this in 9x19.

I second the motion on the LCR in .32 Mag. 8 rds of .32 Mag would be an ugly surprise for an Orc. Also the LCR has lotsa nice after market stuff available. A Wolff spring kit would help too. If she can't practice she can't shoot effectively.

There's a good reason rf pistols have heavy mainsprings, i.e. the case head has to be robust enough to contain the pressure. .22 WRM is especially so. Add this to the .32 Mag being a lot more effective than the .22WRM.

OP mentioned SA revolvers. How hard is it to shoot the .22Mag SA? Actually, shooting SA might be uglier in the eyes of THE LAW than a tuned DA trigger.

1580228257235.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads