JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Y'all A few years go, I bought my wife a Ruger .22 Mag revolver, LCR. The size/weight is perfect for her purse and I added a laser sight. The problem is that the trigger pull is so heavy, you almot have to brace your foot aginst a wall to fire it. I haven't seen any trigger mod kits to reduce the pull and she can only use a revolver for a lot of reasons. Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar-sized single action pistol of small caliber? Thanks in advance

If she likes the LCR I would take it to a gunsmith and see if they can help the trigger before I went to a different pistol.

The little Berettas with their tip-up barrels might be something she'd like.

I believe they're available in .22, .25, and .32 caliber.

The older model 950 Jetfire .25 is available without a safety, so it's a bit thinner. I have that gun and like it a lot. Not sure if the other calibers are available without a safety.

FBC5389B-B3CD-4A8A-9A0C-35CDFE82B2FF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Maybe a refutable gunsmith in your neck of the woods to mod the gun for a lighter pull? Lighter spring? Hopefully the weapon isn't full of crud internally that's raising heck as well? Been there, seen that on a lot of other peoples guns over the years. Take a gander at Numrichs parts and see if they have a replacement part.

Dan

Hey Y'all A few years go, I bought my wife a Ruger .22 Mag revolver, LCR. The size/weight is perfect for her purse and I added a laser sight. The problem is that the trigger pull is so heavy, you almot have to brace your foot aginst a wall to fire it. I haven't seen any trigger mod kits to reduce the pull and she can only use a revolver for a lot of reasons. Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar-sized single action pistol of small caliber? Thanks in advance
I bought my wife one years ago and it had the same problem. I traded it to a friend and he sent it to Ruger and they fixed it.

Maybe a refutable gunsmith in your neck of the woods to mod the gun for a lighter pull? Lighter spring? Hopefully the weapon isn't full of crud internally that's raising heck as well? Been there, seen that on a lot of other peoples guns over the years. Take a gander at Numrichs parts and see if they have a replacement part.

Dan
Thanks for the suggestion but the gun is so hard and uncomfortable to fire that it's had almost no range time on it. Also, I clean it scrupulously (Ed's Red) after every use so it's clean as a whistle.

Wolf Springs sells Ruger LCR hammer springs in 7 LB, 8 LB, and 9 LB pull. The factory standard is 10 LB. They sell a kit with all three weights or individually. The package with the three weights would allow you to pick a weight she can handle and that reliably sets the primer off. You could probably replace it yourself or have a gunsmith do it.

https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/LCR, LCRx/cID3/mID52/dID458

Wolf Springs sells Ruger LCR hammer springs in 7 LB, 8 LB, and 9 LB pull. The factory standard is 10 LB. They sell a kit with all three weights or individually. The package with the three weights would allow you to pick a weight she can handle and that reliably sets the primer off. You could probably replace it yourself or have a gunsmith do it.

https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/LCR, LCRx/cID3/mID52/dID458
Thanks but Wolff only makes spring kits for LCR centerfire revolvers. I think that we really need a single action revolver to lessen the trigger pull. No?

Here ya go...

SERVICE AND PARTS POLICY
If you have any questions with regard to the performance of your RUGER® LCR ®
please write or call (336-949-5200) our Customer Service Department in Newport, New
Hampshire 03773, fully describing all circumstances and conditions involved.

SHIPPING FIREARMS FOR REPAIR:
NOTE: You must obtain a Repair Authorization Number before returning your
firearm. An authorization number can be obtained by contacting Customer
Service online at Ruger.com or calling the Customer Service Department at 336-
949-5200. Firearms should be sent prepaid. We will not accept collect shipments.
Any RUGER® LCR ® revolver returned to the factory for repair should be sent
to: Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc., Customer Service Department, 411 Sunapee
Street, Newport, NH 03773.

RUGER® LCR® AND LCRX ®
PARTS LIST
Design, prices and specifications subject to change without notice.
Key No. Part Name
* 1 Hammer
* 2 Hammer Strut Pin
* 3 Hammer Strut
* 4 Mainspring
* 5 Mainspring Seat
* 6 Cylinder Latch Spring
* 7 Cylinder Latch
* 8 Trigger/Latch Pivot Pin
* 9 Fire Control Housing Sub-Assembly
* 10 Hammer Pivot Pin
* 11 Pawl
* 12 Transfer Bar
* 13 Trigger/Latch Pivot Pin
* 14 Trigger Spring Bushing
* 15 Trigger Return Spring
* 16 Trigger
* 17 Barrel
* 18 Front Latch Cap
* 19 Front Latch Spring
* 20 Crane Front Latch Pin
* 21 Front Sight
* 22 Front Sight Cross Pin
† 23 Cylinder Frame Sub-Assembly
* 24 Firing Pin Bushing
* 25 Firing Pin Spring
* 26 Firing Pin
* 27 Firing Pin Plug
* 28 Crane Release Button Pin
* 29 Crane Latch Release Button
* 30 Release Button Plunger Spring
* 31 Release Button Plunger
* 32 Ejector Extension
* 33 Lock Pin Spring
* 34 Lock Pin Extension
* 35 Center Lock Pin
* 36 Crane
* 37 Ejector Spring Bushing
* 38 Ejector Spring
* 39 Cylinder
* 40 Ejector
* 41 Fire Control Housing Screw
* 42 Fire Control Housing Nut
* 43 Crane Pivot Pin
44 Hogue® Grip, Includes Grip Screw
* 45 Front Latch Inner Spring, LCR 357 Mag
46 Moon Clip, for 9MM LCR
* PARTS SO MARKED MUST BE FACTORY FIT
RUGER® LCR® AND LCRX ®
1580081569935.png

Dan

For what its worth, in my experience, all rimfire double action revolvers have a very heavy trigger pull to insure ignition in the rimfire round. I had a SP101 22lr, that was brutal, but putting the wolff spring kit made it have light strikes and ftf in at least half of the rounds. Put the sfactory springs back, and it was 100% again.

For what its worth, in my experience, all rimfire double action revolvers have a very heavy trigger pull to insure ignition in the rimfire round. I had a SP101 22lr, that was brutal, but putting the wolff spring kit made it have light strikes and ftf in at least half of the rounds. Put the sfactory springs back, and it was 100% again.

So the difference in the triggers might be due to the difference between rimfire and center fire cartridges? Interesting.

My .357 LCR had a great trigger.

On the S&W .22lr revolvers, it is very easy to tune the pull weight. You can have a safe double-action pull with a very light, crisp single-action release. I suggest you look at an S&W model 63 3" 8-shot or an S&W model AirLite 317 3" 8 shot. IIRC, both weigh about 24 ounces.

If she'd consider trying a semi-auto, then have her look at and test out an S&W M&P Shield 380EZ which took top honors at the American Rifleman Pistol Project 3 for Ladies or the more recently introduced Shield 9EZ. The semi-autos cost about half the price of the revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top