JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely not a toy range toy it bucks hard

16002791980817306657766807872653.jpg

I'd say the Keltec P-40 was one of the most unpleasant things to shoot I've ever owned. For those who never had the pleasure, it was essentially the 40 S&W version of the P-11.

Having gotten that off my chest, if you want something small, look into a 380 or an airlite.

So if you are looking for a g4. There are a couple on arms list . And they wouldn't ship. I over paid but considering the shortage I was okay....275,$ with two extra mags....I have seen them as low as 219 retail is 279

So if you are looking for a g4. There are a couple on arms list . And they wouldn't ship. I over paid but considering the shortage I was okay....275,$ with two extra mags....I have seen them as low as 219 retail is 279
I paid 200 for the one I have. Want a second, was curious what those available are going for.

Thanks for sharing the info.

I tried a micro - Ruger LC9S.

Not fun to shoot.

I gave it away.

The wife still has her LC9 that she refuses to let me sell, since she got her Sig938. :s0092: From what I just read the lc9s should be a better trigger than the original. The problem is if you have "Man Hands". That lc9 feels like by the time the trigger breaks I've almost got my fingertip digging into the base of my thumb!

Good luck.
+1 for the Kahr, but make mine an MK9.
...of course, if I need the ultimate in a hide-out gun, there's still nothing to compare to an '08 Colt Vest Pocket, Baby Browning or a Walther Model 9 (of course, those are 25's, so they don't really qualify here).

Dean

Last Edited:
I'd say the Keltec P-40 was one of the most unpleasant things to shoot I've ever owned. For those who never had the pleasure, it was essentially the 40 S&W version of the P-11.

Having gotten that off my chest, if you want something small, look into a 380 or an airlite.
As with everything with hand guns for protection all trade offs. Those .40's KT made for a while were were a maker went too far. They made a pistol a large portion of the public could not shoot. They kept getting them back saying they did not work and the factory could find nothing wrong. They finally dropped them due to the "bad press" over them. There are some 9s now that come close to this. Some .380's are close too. I have one by Ruger (LCPII) that the Wife can't shoot. When we bought it I ran multiple boxes of ammo through it to test the action and it had me flinching badly by the end of that session. The Tech has evolved to the point they can make pistols that work so small and light that many can no longer shoot them. So the trade off comes in. Something people will carry vs something they can and will practice with and can hit what they shoot at with.

Remington R-51 is very thin rounded corners and very compact. 6.68" long 4.63 tall and 1.08" thick 7rd capacity When first released they had some bad press due to them being rushed into production. Now they have all that figured out. Also a very good price. Lots of reviews on line.

Those .40's KT made for a while were were a maker went too far. They made a pistol a large portion of the public could not shoot. They kept getting them back saying they did not work and the factory could find nothing wrong.
My brothers and I got one each, they all worked fine but we all have man hands, accustomed or at least with a history of manual labor. Almost no one else who tried one of ours could make it work properly, and it's one of only two pistols to ever wear a hole in my hand. Profoundly unpleasant, but a real micro-cannon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top