JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did someone say Springfield Armory Champion Lightweight Operator??? Now that's a dang good pistol. Not necessarily small or light but they are great shooters. I really, really like mine:

View attachment 336893

View attachment 336894
That's a beaut!

I ordered my new Colt Defender today. It should arrive for pickup by Thursday. Looking forward to killing some evil paper circle targets this weekend.

I got to this question a little late. I have numerous 1911's, Combat Commander, Officer Rock Island and full size, plus a Colt Defender, all ,45 cal. I love that little Defender, it is a carry gun. One thing I've been experimenting with is the lightweight ARX .45 ammo, normally carry 115 gr stuff, DPX....Super gun, you won't be displeased. Spad:)

Sigmadog,:eek:Put shoes on my extra normal size magazines for duty in my Defender as range mags...Spad

Shoes? Can you explain what this means? I'm a bit new to all this.

I love the Defender. Shot a bit today on my outdoor range, and it felt great. Tossed a few Remington Golden Saber HPJs through it and it performed well. I'm a bit low on my targeting, but I've only had it for about 80 rounds so far, so I'm hoping to get a better feel for it in the next couple hundred rounds.

Also shot my Commander at a small spinner target my wife gave me for my birthday and actually hit the 4 inch target from 25 yards. It took me six out of seven rounds in the mag to finally hit it, but it felt good seeing that sucker spin around. I'm definitely not yet steady enough with the Defender's 3" barrel for that kind of distance shooting.

DSCN4876a.jpg I like the defender in .45.......it makes buying ammo very simple and it is a great carry gun.....btw the grips are all "legal" giraffe from Nutmeg.

The Defender is a nice close range .45 I think you will agree. Best,Spad:)
Absolutely. It nails the target at personal defense ranges (20-30 feet). That's what I got it for.

The "shoes" are more of a sleeve that goes around the base of the magazine - prevents over-insertion. If you are going to carry the extended mag as your spares for carry - probably not a bad idea.

And SA Shooter - holy crap is that a sexy gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top