JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have purchased several firearms and accessories at S&M.
The staff is knowledgeable and friendly (although one of the staffers has a slight tendency towards being a gun-store ninja).
They have a full selection of pistols, hunting rifles, shotguns, a Rack of ARs, and a handfull of other semi-auto rifles of various design and caliber.
Their reloading selection is pretty good. They have a good selection of components, dies and other equipment.

I'm a little late on this one.

Great selection
Good prices on current firearms
Competitive prices on components
Rotten prices WASR's and stuff like that.
High prices on C&R guns.
Gecko45's ghost is alive and well behind the counter.

If it were not for the bozo's behind the counter, I'd bump them up a few notches

My experience has been okay here, but I do know that they don't generally treat women very well. Since I'm an instructor and I buy a lot of guns, they don't give me a hard time or treat me badly. I've heard horror stories from other women though.

One of the guys there pulled the whole "girls can't shoot anything bigger than a .38 revolver, and autos are too complex for them" on a couple young women last time I was there.

Although they are a very busy shop they try to be friendly,
My experiance with them as well. I have only been there once, as I just kept forgetting to check them out, but recently needed some relaoding stuff that I didnt want to order online, since shipping would be as much as the cost of the smaller stuff (brass, Lee "hand drill" case trimmers, decapping setup, etc) and they are the best stocked in the area for relaoding BY FAR, were VERY busy, but had like 6 people working to compensate, were VERY friendly and helpful, and had good prices.

Didnt really check out thier gun prices or selection too much, but seemed to have a good selection, second only to possibly The Baron's Den, if I had to guesstimate. I would GLADLY return to them (If I werent moving to Wyoming soon)

One time there, won't go back. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but I don't need a whole lot of attitude from people getting my business.

I've had bad experiences with these guys. I once had them argue with me on laws for those 18 and under. They were incorrect, and willing to listen to me stating ORS. They are also known to do anything to "make a buck." I've been aware of an attempted LEO large buy that they wouldn't budge on their pricing.

I went there three times to look at revolvers. Every time, the place was so crowded that I wandered around a little and left. They always have a lot of staff in there and all of seemed very friendly.
The fourth time I went the place was more relaxed. They only had two or three customers and still had plenty of staff. The man that helped us was very respectful to my wife. He worked with us for at least an hour. My wife picked the revolver that she wanted. Somewhere in the conversation my wife mentioned that she was scheduled for the handgun safety class for her CCW. The salesman made some suggestions for holters and let my wife look at several, giving her ideas on how she could carry, etc.
It was a very pleasant buying experience for all involved. I would definitly recommend them.

I've bought one gun from S-M, and have generally had pretty good service there.

I've been in there a few times though, when one of the employees was a real jerk, but the shop was cram packed so I won't hold it against them.

They have a better selection of S&W revolvers than any of the shops in Coos or Douglas counties, but the rest of their selection and their prices aren't that impressive. It's still a good enough shop that I stop in any time I'm up north and have the time.

Purchased one gun there, browse every now and then. Good selection of long guns, ok selection of handguns. A couple of tacticool guys behind the counter who don't belong in any job that requires customer service. And one other employee who is pretty good.

Will not buy anything from them. A few bad apples behind the counter ruin it for the whole bunch. Too bad because a few guys there are o.k., but the place reeks with arrogance.

I've bought a couple of guns from them, probably ten-fifteen years ago. They always have had one or two "ninja experts" but I've just brushed them off. They did used to have a very good selection of knives including auto openers. Probably been five years since I've been in there.

Rated an average, here. I've never hung around long enough to experience the gun store ninja tendancies others have reported, but I can see in whom those might manifest.

I have only purchased accessories at SM, as in the process of shopping around I have found better prices elsewhere. However, particularly in the realm of glock extensions, they were well stocked and offered quick installation on the spot, saving me the time of having to do my own disassembly to scrap the standard midget components.

Employees have seemed, shall we say, harried all times I have been in - but in all cases, they have been standing room only and some of those standing were more interesting characters than any gun clerk ninja I've seen could be; I can easily see where stress would be an issue at said counters. (Apologies, if reader feels they may be one of said characters.)

An excellent selection, by all accounts - didn't take note of black rifle or russian prices, but have heard them to be over the board. Would buy holsters, accessories, and maybe the odd older rifle there again; have yet to see an attractive price on newer models when contrasted to other area locations.

I have shopped there many times. They have a good selection of shot guns and that is my thing. On saturday I went into the store early with a buddy to kill some time. I was meeting a guy to buy a Beretta shot gun off him and I was early. I have been looking to buy a Benelli Super Black Eagle II and they have a good selection of these. I thought with some luck they might have a nice used one. So, we walk in the store and I think there was just a couple of customers there. We were looking at the guns, making it back to the Benelli section. The staff was talking to the customers, and when they left they asked if they could help. I said that we were just looking. The older salesman, I have seen many times, but the younger one I had never seen before. He must be the new soda jerk. We find the Benelli guns and are looking at them, my buddy says that he likes the black one better than the camo. I replied that the black one was a better choice because camo can/will wear/chip off. The FNG says from the counter "wrong, not true". We are the only two customers in the store. I said that I have had problems with the one I had in camo and a few of my buddies had too. The FNG says "I have three and the camo will not come off any of them" He then said as he walked over to us " I will bet you 500 you can not scratch the camo off this gun". I just stood there. I didn't know what to say. But my buddy said " Are you telling me if I take my car key here, I won't be able to scratch that gun". The FNG said " I will bet you 500 you can't". Well, this was a 1600.00 gun. And neither one of had the nerve to do it, we should have. I don't know what would have gone down it we did. But, I am telling you that the camo would have peeled off. So, I took the gun and turned it over and used my thumb nail to remove some of the camo at the sharp edge of the mag well. This is one of the weaker spots in any camo job. I said "there you go". The FNG said "that is not a finished product". I said what. The FNG said "that is not a finished product, the finished product is on the sides of the gun and barrel". I don't care where there finished product is, if it come off, it comes off. I put the gun back in the rack and he says " tell me what you think you know about Glocks". My buddy knew what he was after and said " I don't like them, no safety. You pull the trigger and they will go off". Well you can imagine how the FNG took the bait. The last statement by the FNG was " Don't come in my store and tell me the camo on a Benelli will come off". We all know that all gun finishes will and do come off with use. I said "I think your are right, we are leaving". And we walked out. Never to return, I don't know. But I will have a talk with the owner the next time if I do.

John

PS: I am thinking about going there when the owner is in. Picking one up out of the rack and putting it on the counter with 1600.00 cash, and saying " The FNG said the camo will not come off. If you will guarantee that in writing, then there is my money".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top