JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a holster from Ares Armor December 15th and they still haven't shipped the dang thing. I'm trying to be patient due to Christmas and New Years, but over 2 weeks is a bit long! I hope it's worth the wait.

I don't know about Ares, but I suspect some of the smaller shops closed up for at least part of the holidays are are still clearing out backorders that built up over that time. I put in an order at Palmetto State Armory on Dec. 26 that just shipped Monday. And I had an order on Dec. 26th at AimSurplus that just shipped today.

Ares has horrible shipping/processing time. I order a trigger, it was in stock, on 12/05 and they didn't ship it til 12/22, I didn't get the package til 12/26. I did business with them a couple of years back and they were great. Now it's just bubblegumty. I won't be doing any business with them in the future. And if you check their Facebook page the most complaints are about shipping. I expect better shipping/processing when I'm paying for the shipping.

I ordered some items a month ago website said in stock. During checkout a notice came up saying if not in stock then you could expect to wait. Still not here. They fell off my source list because of this.

Not that this adds anything. Something I learned with ***cough BOTACH cough*** some places, they may be the cheapest price around. Free shipping!! WOOHOO!!

I never dealt with Ares Armor. Thanks for the heads up!

They place the order in a carousel. When they get enough orders sold to make it profitable to make the drive to ship, they send. They generally ship cheap as possible. Your "shipped" notice sometimes means that they tossed it into a bin, that awaits more packages going the same direction as yours. Then DHL gets them, and the packages cycle through again, waiting for more packages. DHL, as an example, are in no hurry. Places use them because they are "cheapest", therefore the seller makes more profit. UPS, USPS, DHL, they all drink together. If you want it fast, pay the price. Or, buy elsewhere where they've padded the price of shipping into the sale, and you feel like a valued consumer.

I don't drink the koolaid, but, buy once, cry once seems the game.
:s0159:

I had ordered in the past ok, but this time it was 1911 and 308 lowers. They were in stock supposedly. I will just wait and see. I don't mind waiting if it is clear when you place the order. I just think its a little funky when you are making payment that the note to be prepared to wait shows up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top