JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love my WASR10/AK pattern rifle but it beats up/bruises my shoulder and jaw after a few boxes.. I'm holding it the only way that feels comfortable, nose right up to the dust cover, tight in my shoulder pocket, etc., but the stock was a way of slipping up and out of place, which results in bruising. I never had this problem w/ other rifles.

Does anyone else have this issue? I think a slip on pad or limb saver might help.. Can anybody recommend one brand in particular? The ones at Walmart appear generic and I'm not sure which models would fit the WASR best.

I've searched the forums for an answer before I started a thread. Thanks in advance,

I use a Galco on my mil-surps.

galco-recoil-pad-lt1029cn.jpg

You can get additional gel pads to add as needed.

I use a Past recoil pad when i shoot. They come in three different thicknesses, so you can choose how much protection you need. They look dorky when you wear one, but they really work.

I use a 1/2 inch pad (i think) and i can put 100 rounds through my Mosin with no problem. Without it, i show a visible bruise after about 15 rounds or so.

I use a Past recoil pad when i shoot. They come in three different thicknesses, so you can choose how much protection you need. They look dorky when you wear one, but they really work.

I use a 1/2 inch pad (i think) and i can put 100 rounds through my Mosin with no problem. Without it, i show a visible bruise after about 15 rounds or so.

Dorky is fine with me. I had the Doc's scrap a few double cheese burgers and a XXL double meat pizza from my aorta to maintain blood flow. After the stints my Doc suggest I not shot any high powered rifles so I did some research on recoil management.

Beside the slip on Galco pad I bought a shirt from this fine lady and had her add a Browning reactor pad to the shoulder pocket. Very affordable and un-dorky.

Pine Tree Custom Sportswear | Custom Padded Clothing for all Shooting Sports

Reactor pad
Gamaliel Shooting Supply : Browning Reactar Pad G2

I can shoot several hundred rounds of 7.62, .06 and 8mm with no discomfort now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top