JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sadly it's a serious question. Due to the stupidity of some laws I don't know if a simple act could get me 10 years in prison.

Can you attach a single point sling or any sling for that matter to an AR or AK pistol? While I am not a big fan of those pistols I am deciding between those and going the SBR route.

I have found nothing in federal lay saying you cannot no different than a lanyard attached to your 1911. I have a single point sling on several AR pistols and an AK pistol if adjusted right when pushed forward it stabilizes the pistol well and makes it easier to shoot.

I have not kept track of all state laws but do not know of any in Washington, Oregon or Idaho stopping you either.

I have found nothing in federal lay saying you cannot no different than a lanyard attached to your 1911. I have a single point sling on several AR pistols and an AK pistol if adjusted right when pushed forward it stabilizes the pistol well and makes it easier to shoot.

I have not kept track of all state laws but do not know of any in Washington, Oregon or Idaho stopping you either.

This right here!

+1

Thanks all. It's what I believed but interpretation of the laws can be construed in different ways. I've seen videos of various people doing and saying things. I know it's up to me before I either put a magazine in or my finger on the trigger to be legal. Just trying to get a direction before my next purchase.

I am the same way in that I try to do my home work first but I have to admit I am not a lawyer and sometime I will read a law or in the gun world a BATFE opinion and think it means one thing and they interpret a different way so then you have to start digging more and look for test cases.

We as individuals are responsible for our own actions and most of us want to be as law abiding as we can but the BATFE opinions are just that "opinions" (that just happen to hold a little more weight in court than most) they are not law just an interpretation of law but most of us do not want to be that "test case" in court because if we lose we can lose big.

So always ask questions, get opinions and do your homework there are some savvy folks on this board so it is always a good place to start.

Before the advent of wrist stabilizers/semi-legal pistol stocks, a single point sling was the only way to effectively fire an AR pistol.... So it's been done for a long, long time. Nobody's ever gone to jail for it.

That's probably about all anyone can guarantee you though

Tuco hung his revolver from a lanyard and kept it in his pocket

But he was an outlaw

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR