JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know where I can get a set of sling shot rubbers with a
cone shaped pocket for shooting BBs ?

A flat leather is fine for a marble, or ball bearing, but trying to
hold several BBs in one is like trying to tie your shoes with boxing gloves on.:confused:

I'm sure they have some pre-made pouches.. barring that, a couple a beads of silicone or RTV would make "walls" enough to hold probably 20 BB's. I'd run the beads on the pouch flat.. probably last quite a few shots that way.

Hummm...That, or sew a couple of stitches into the top and bottom edges to form a pouch.;)
Bloody Seagulls are crapping on my roof and I have a whole container of "Airsoft" BBs to discourage them with, but no Airsoft gun.:(

Lol, I hear ya. How 'bout lightly wrapping a cubic inch of them in saran wrap.. like a tootsie roll and hucking that at them.
Cheap drones are cheap too! bonk bonk!
Actually, I think a pretty cool "drone" that flaps its wings like a bird is like $12 at malwart.

I don't know of anyone that sells a pouch like that, but I've seen people make things along that line. I've got a pretty decent slingshot collection and when I shoot BB's (not very often), I've found that magnetic pouches are the most useful. The ones I buy are off a forum by a guy that makes them in his home. The magnetic pouches are usually smaller and use a little neodymium magnet to hold the ammo in place. They work really well, though I haven't tried them with a 'load' of multiple BB's.

You could always try to put together a slingshot 'shotgun' pouch like the slingshot master Joerg Sprave did a few years ago - it worked very well for him. It's actually a pretty impressive result:

Is Jorg still alive? Last time I saw one of his You Tubes, he smacked himself in the head with a large ball bearing that bounced back off of his target.:(

I think I'll try making a pouch.:D

Is Jorg still alive? Last time I saw one of his You Tubes, he smacked himself in the head with a large ball bearing that bounced back off of his target.:(

I think I'll try making a pouch.:D

I was a regular on his forum when that video came out. Yes, he's just fine. That video was staged - he had a friend that was a special effects expert testing some new stuff out. He let it go for a few days before he revealed the 'joke'.

Can you still buy surgical tubing buy the foot at Ace Hardware or Home depot?

I have not needed this since I was a kid. :D
Remember attaching an ink pin end to a length of surgical tubing. And making a homemade super soaker?

Can you still buy surgical tubing buy the foot at Ace Hardware or Home depot?

I have not needed this since I was a kid. :D
Remember attaching an ink pin end to a length of surgical tubing. And making a homemade super soaker?

Many slingshot enthusiasts today prefer to use flat bands, in particular, Theraband brand bands. You can get it in a variety of strengths and cut it to length, width and taper to fit your needs. But companies like Simple Shot also sell the tubing (several brands, including Theratube) if that's your preferred route. Ebay is a good source for good prices on these items. I've found regular surgical tubing to be less than stellar in slingshot applications.

So that's how it is?

Another area where the world kept spinning. While I sat in place! :D

While they may not enjoy the popularity of other hobbies or weapons, I think it's good to have one or two on hand, know how to band/re-band it and know how to shoot it well. It's a good backup option in a survival situation - good for small game hunting, very quiet and able to use a variety of items as ammo. Even a possible option for self defense if your back is against the wall. I keep abreast of it myself mostly out of curiosity. Plus, some of the designs and craftsmanship being turned out today are quite something.

Last Edited:
Don't let him fool you, E-train here is an award-winner for sling-shot design with his Stone-bone. ;)

That said, I am really over the bands, I prefer tubes, and there are some nice cupped pouches out there that can hold a nice pinch of BB's to help with that shotgun effect that was previously mentioned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top