JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I just got my HS407c (same as 507c but no circle reticle around the dot) and I'm having some issues.
It won't sit flush in the RMR Cut on this Brownells slide. No matter which way I try to lay it in, front to back, back to front, straight down; it will not sit flush in the RMR cut. Is he Holosun out of spec, or the slide? Is this normal of Pistol/Slide mounted optics? The slide at the rear does seem to incline toward the cut like this: _____\ ever so slightly. Shown on the HS407c, you can see where it is rubbing against that incline, and preventing it from resting flush in the RMR Cut.

See pictures below.
Here is the aforementioned rubbing on the HS407c, where it meets the incline of the slide in the RMR cut.
2019-07-09.jpg

Here are some more images of the optic resting as deep as possible in the Brownells RMR cut slide.

2019-07-09 (2).jpg 2019-07-09 (1).jpg

I tried pressing it in, and it will not budge.

I'm thinking I may have to send it back to Holosun if it is truly out of spec.

Or, if the next one comes just the same, I could (yikes...) file down the incline a few times till the red dot rests just SNUG in the cut.

Any input would be much appreciated. 2019-07-09 (3).jpg

AS you know, the Brownell's slide doesn't have forward recoil posts.
Instead they machine a boss around the mounting holes.
It looks like your Holosun is hanging up on those bosses.
Contact Brownell's.

AS you know, the Brownell's slide doesn't have forward recoil posts.
Instead they machine a boss around the mounting holes.
It looks like your Holosun is hanging up on those bosses.
Contact Brownell's.
I can basically confirm that the holosun is not getting hung up on the mounting post/bosses. When I get it set in as deep as possible, the mounting posts are abou 95% the way through the Holosuns mounting holes, with no signs of stress or wear from my attempts to get this on the cut.

That incline seems to be the culprit.

it would seem we are both correct.

I did the unthinkable and removed a tiny of of material from the rear of the RMR cut. "BUBBA NOOOO"

The optic can now properly sit in the rmr cut, but it would seem that this rmr cut is intended (assumedly) to be used with the battery cover that people use under their RMR's.

I have thusly padded the underside with my super secret spatial filler (masking tape).

The Holosun HS 407c now sits snug and without gaps in the RMR cut. I have the proper screws on the way from eBay, I'm so excited!

I have a Brownell's Glock slide (non-RMR) and I will say that they are very well done and the Black Nitride finish is the best I have seen.
Better than OEM Glock.
The Brownell's is a beautiful, deep black.

It's on a P-80 G19 clone and that thing shoots as good as it looks.

I have a Brownell's Glock slide (non-RMR) and I will say that they are very well done and the Black Nitride finish is the best I have seen.
Better than OEM Glock.
The Brownell's is a beautiful, deep black.

It's on a P-80 G19 clone and that thing shoots as good as it looks.
You ain't kiddin, legit, I bought a file, and the file was dulled and the finish was unharmed... Had to break out the dremel.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top