Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Slide Fire Mod on a S&W M&P 15-22

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by EthanAllen, Apr 12, 2016.

1. EthanAllen

EthanAllen Portland Area New Member

I just picked up a new M&P 15-22 at Sportsman's Warehouse this weekend for $395 and now looking at putting a Slide Fire kit on it which is another $395. Has anyone got any experience with a Slide Fire kit on this rifle? Is it worth the extra money? Any issues with it? Where is the best place to purchase, i.e. can they be found on sale anywhere? I've done a fair amount of research on these kits and have good understanding of how they work but just wondering if there is another type of manufacturer or solution of this type of full auto mod.

2. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

3. Tom Tucker

Tom Tucker Portland New Member

Yes, I understand the importance of a light trigger. How can tell if the trigger is going to be light enough without purchasing a trigger kit? I suppose I should also use an enhanced recoil suppressor as well. I've seen them online for around $50

4. EthanAllen

Does anyone know the best economical trigger mod for this rifle to get it down to 3lbs? Can just a lighter spring be changed out or do I need to replace the entire trigger assemble?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  5. EthanAllen

...yea, nevermind, did little research and this rifle has around a 7lb factory pull so will definitely need a trigger job

6. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Bumpfire Stocks - Use Discount Code "pro2a" to get 10% Off On Your Entire Order.

7. Tom Tucker

Tom Tucker Portland New Member

Thanks Burkhardt, too bad they don't also sell the light trigger mod kit.

8. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you haven't already been to the Smith & Wesson Forum, go there and find the 15/22 section, absolutely everything you need to know, guaranteed.