Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Slam A Gun.. You Can Do It!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Certaindeaf, May 2, 2015.

1. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Alrighty my peeps, this is your chance.. this is the thread to do some light-handed slamming.

Back in the old days I got by trade from a gun store in Montana a brand new Astra Constable .22. Shoulda been called a Crappolla. To be true, they honored my contestation beyond honorably. anyway.. your turn.

2. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Never met a gun I didn't like.:)

Just some, more than others.:p

Hook686 likes this.
  3. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

Well I loved my Taurus 605. I have another one now but I shot the hell out of one that I had for years. It got "broken" in and when my buddy was behind me and to the left it malfunctioned and shot some shrapnel right into his forehead. I no longer shoot the hell out of my 605.

He was fine but it embedded into his forehead pretty freaking deep. Scary stuff.

4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I thought for sure this thread would be about a "slam" zip gun. One where you use two tubes that slide inside each other with a fixed firing pin where you slide and slam to fire.

I'm a little disappointed you just want me to badmouth something.

I don't make a habit of buying crap. About the only thing I have ever bought new and was disappointed in was a Olympic Arms AR upper bought new in the mid to late 90's. In comparison to the Bushmaster stuff you could buy at the same time for the same money it sucked. It was a 24" varmint upper that would barely shoot 4 MOA and felt cheap compared to my Bushmaster. I was not impressed

5. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

1st in to mention;

Any GLOCK!

:s0111:

I have never bought a cheap/crappy gun:D

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    x2ndxall, JRuby and edslhead like this.
  6. BearSlayer338

BearSlayer338 California :( Active Member

I had I Detonics Pocket 9,I loved the gun but the double action trigger pull was heavier than any gun I've ever fired,I never though there would be a gun with a heavier trigger pull than a Nagant 1895 revolver.The trigger pull was so heavy practicing with a snap cap hurt my trigger finger with just three pulls,I don't even think if I had adrenaline I would be able to pull the trigger fast enough in an emergency.This was the first gun I got rid of for having a heavy trigger pull,if it was lighter I would have kept it.

7. 40calruler

I have never been a huge fan of Glocks. I Love my M&Ps and traded one of them for a 23 gen 4 Georgia stamped Glock....Don't even know for sure what that means for the gun. previous owner never shot it and I have yet to do so myself.
    Your comment made me remember that although I have slow wifi at the cabin I better post that damn gun before I no longer can trade it minus a transfer...here goes a long wait on DSL to upload the pics here.

8. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

An acquaintance let me shoot a box of ammo out of his Desert Eagle AE50. What a waste.
    If I were 6'8", 275# @ 5% BFI and had hands that were snug in a size 13 glove, that would probably be the one time it might make sense. But then I'd ask "why that?" Would rather have a 7" 44 mag.
    If you own one, might as well have a sign hanging around your neck, "I HAVE A SMALL PENIS."

NoFlinch likes this.
  9. NoFlinch

Stamp......................means..................made...............in...............USA...................not...................Austria....................some..................GLOCK snobs.......................care..................:rolleyes:.................trying...............to ...............make.................you..................feel.................not............alone................with.................slow..................down..................loads................:p

Barachiah, Gunner3456 and albin25 like this.
  10. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Sig P250 gah.. That trigger sucks.

Kimber 1911s.. NOT a fan. Owned and sold.
    Maybe I got a bad one but man did it suck.

11. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Taurus/Rossi, sights fall off and the revolvers have a function built into them to go out of time after so many years..

Llama....frames crack! and I swear their slides are made from silly putty!

Astra...frames crack, firing pins break, ejectors fall apart etc etc

12. 40calruler

Got it done! It was about the same as your response though.

13. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Had a Spanish "Colt M-1903 Hammerless", an AMT Goverment Model and a Mighty, Universal .30 carbine. Each in its own way a total POS!

15. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Had one a these in my sock drawer for 20 years or so. Not the worlds best gun.

Phoenix-Arms-HP22A-2_zpslsmajzwg.jpg

16. 40calruler

I know it is junk....but I think it looks kinda cool.

edslhead likes this.
  17. 40calruler

This is my worst choice to buy. This post made me start looking through pics and I realized I have had a lot of different ones. More than I remembered that is for sure. This one was a POS for sure AMT .380

amt1.jpg

18. NoFlinch

What is that, a Kimber?

19. NoFlinch

It's pointed down.

No wonder it didn't hit anything:(:p:rolleyes:o_Oo_O:confused::confused:

40calruler and etrain16 like this.
  20. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

A few years back I bought a new M&P 9c..turned out to be a FTE/extract machine. Went back to S&W twice, came back with new extractor/polished ramp but same issues. Sold for a big loss.