JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watch them jump from Skydive Oregon all summer. The two people I have known who've done it went out of there and they had nothing but good things to say. Also, if he doesn't speak up PM Skydiver, he may have some advice.

Over 600 jumps with 2 malfunctions and I'm still alive.
Be advised, like the shooting sports, it's addictive and expensive!
Wish I could enjoy a cheap sport like bird watching!
PM me if you want more info.
P.S. That's really me in the picture to the left.

Last Edited:
Signed up/ paid for like 20 jumps with a club when I lived in Sweden in the late 80s. We used the old round chutes and mine didn't fully open, sort of like a balloon for many scary long seconds. Kicked by feet and pulled the steering chords apart like told in the short training class and it finally opened!
The time before that I landed HARD in a cow pasture and got dragged before I remembered to pull one side.
Was about to go for a third time in the clunky old Cessna when for some reason the last jump of the day got scrubbed!
I never went back and lost all that money for all the pre-paid jumps.

What are the rules for jumping out of a plane,my 23 yr old daughter is a pilot,can she take me up? Of course this is after I try it,if I like it can she take me up?
Not a good idea for several reasons. Some of which are illegal without filing a notem and plane modifications and pilot training.

Not a good idea for several reasons. Some of which are illegal without filing a notem and plane modifications and pilot training.
I'm sure she knows all that,she's going for a commercial license,I was just wondering and figured you would know. It would have been cool to be able to though. I'll be going with the guys up in Shelton when I go.

Over 600 jumps with 2 malfunctions and I'm still alive.
Be advised, like the shooting sports, it's addictive and expensive!
Wish I could enjoy a cheap sport like bird watching!
PM me if you want more info.
P.S. That's really me in the picture to the left.

Hey Skydiver 600 jumps!!?:s0001:B.A. Man... Don't like the malfunctions part glad to hear your skills saw you through. I'll worry about an addiction after the chute opens. When my Buddy told me about it in my head I was thinking **** NO, but it came out **** YES lets do it! Our other buddy says no way he's doing it, but we'll break Em' yet. Thanks for great responses guys had a laugh and starting to get excited now. It's definitely on the bucket list of things I gotta do...We're set to go in 2 weeks somewhere outside of Vegas.

My best man is paying so I don't know if he got the video package I'll have to ask him. We're starting the trip with the jump so we can celebrate being alive the rest of the trip..:s0090:

Last Edited:
The hardest part/biggest rush is that split second you are in the doorway. After that you can appreciate how any livestock/cars/etc look like ants getting bigger as you fall. It was a rush but there is no reference to tell you how fast you are falling (about 120mph iirc). When I went it was a last minute thing and a friend called from the place telling me that they were a person short for the group discount and I only had about 30 min to get there. The motorcycle ride to the place was a bigger adrenaline rush than the jump but then again I was pushing 150 on the bike and you can see how fast you are going as you blast past telephone poles and slow moving traffic. All in all it was a blast!
Hope you enjoy your jump

It's a good time, but over too fast. I've been once so far. Jumped tandem with a woman, she did a great job, soft landing on our feet. Would definitely do it again, but it is expensive,,,

Did you hear about the guy who skydived for the first time, and after jumping out of the plane completely forgot what to do.
As he was falling towards the ground, he saw a guy shooting past him the other way.
"Do you know anything about parachutes" he yells, as the guy zooms past.
"No I don't." "But hey, know anything about Coleman stoves"

Last Edited:
Statistically speaking... Jumping out of a plane (with a working paracute) is much cheaper and less dangerous than getting married....

Just sayin'

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads