Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sky is Falling potentiality

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Gator Monroe, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Southern Cascades Well-Known Member

If Zero gets another term ( minimum 3 more SCOTUS pics) do you think there will be NEW Federal Firearm Restrictions ?:huh:

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Do you know have some inside info about Supreme court justices retiring? Not sure where these 3 pics come from?

3. Gator Monroe

3 PICKS BY 2016 ( or more even) Age & Health & Falls down staircases...

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm a lot more worried that Donald Trump is seen as a viable candidate for POTUS than I am about the scenario you are concerned about.

5. Gator Monroe

BHO getting 2-4 more SCOTUS pics and Democrats getting the House back & larger Senate majority doesnt spook you as much as a Trump /West ticket ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

Roberts, Thomas, and Alito aren't going anywhere. Scalia is in his mid-seventies, but would likely have someone wheel his rotting carcass into the chamber rather than let Obama pick his successor. That leaves Kennedy, who might retire, but is a centrist. The rest are liberals so no net gain if Obama replaces them.

The prospect of a three vote change in the court is fairly remote even with reelection.

7. Kevatc

Actually what has me more concerned is the tenor of many .... all of your posts and you've been here as long as ... today???? No, Mr Monroe, I have lots of other real life day-to-day worries than all of the "what if's" you have brought up tonight.

8. Gator Monroe

You mean Day to Day worries like $5.00 a gallon gas & Milk & a sudden Dentist visit needed and a new windshield rock crack or deer runnin in front of your Wife or Daughters Car ? or Gettin Laid off or having your 1200 Sportster drop a valve or your Rider Mower needing a new battery ???

9. Kevatc

Yep, exactly those things except without all the capital letters where they don't belong. Your posts strike me as very similar to those out of the blue emails I get from all my friends in Nigeria who ask me to help them with transferring money for them.

moose and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Gator Monroe

I guess it sounded like an African Remote Viewing , but that could be a "White House Thing" .

11. Kevatc

Ooooookaaaaaaay. WTH?????? HaVe A rEally ReaLly nIcE EVeNinG.

12. Gator Monroe

I won't ask you for much , just to not vote like a liberal Oriental Irvine California soccer mom in 12 elections...

13. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

The answer, now that you have been more specific is yes, an Obama stacked SCOTUS does scare the daylights out of me. And yes it is a very valid concern.

14. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

Hard to picture a worse pick than B.O. The man isn't much as a leader , but he sure can sell firearms !

15. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of an old George Carlin line: "In the beginning we had Presidents like Washington, Adams, and Jefferson........lately we have had Nixon, Ford and Carter.....what does this prove??? Darwin was WRONG."

16. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

The sky can never "fall" unless we are too cowardly and or immoral to take appropriate action

17. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

We could expand the lately portion of that list to include every President since Carter and this statement would still be true.

18. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

A lot can happen between now and Nov. '12. Obozo expects to have a Billion Dollars for his campaign, but as his incompetence becomes more and more obvious with the passage of time his poll numbers are in free fall. >$5/gal gas won't help him. Of course the Dems will accuse the opposition of balancing the budget on the backs of the poor, condemning Grandma to eating cat food, and abandoning THE CHILDREN. If the Republicans cave under the onslaught of calumnies the deficit and debt will continue to grow exponentially until the only answer is hyper-inflation and the dollar becomes essentially worthless. Your life savings won't buy a week's worth of groceries. There is no good foreseeable outcome, but Obozo and Dems suck a lot worse.

19. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

There's a good reason that this situation reminds me of 1920s Germany.. the same people are behind it