JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spent 7 days in Unit 77, up at or before dawn, covering lots of ground, and hunting until dusk this past week. Did not see one single buck at any distance, in range or otherwise. Saw a single doe on one morning (she looked healthy/plump) but that was it.

All of the sign was quite old. I did spot a pair of wolf tracks in the southeastern portion of the unit. Also trailed up a decent black bear for a while, until it became obvious she had a cub with her.

Overall I had a great time, spent my days outside with good friends. I love hunting on the east side, but next year I think I will go a little further north.

Nate

That is the fort rock unit right where abouts did you hunt I use to hint that unit a lot until my buddies I started hunting with want to go some where else. And if that is the fort rock unit I am surprised about seeing wolf tracks.

Yes, that is Fort Rock. We hunted on the West side of Highway 31, almost due west of Silver Lake. Camped at 4000 feet, hunted up to 6000.

I was surprised to see the track also. I'll start a new thread with the pic - folks can judge for themselves, but it looks like a wolf to me.

I always hunted down by Chemult. The south side of town east and west side of 97 off of miller lake rd and coral springs area. I'm wondering if you are seeing someone's rotwiller tracks or something but you never know them wolfs could be be there.

Oh I know outside of vernonia there are hybrids part coyote part wolf I was told some guy out there was raising wolf/husky type breed then gave up and released them some years back. I saw a coyote BIG coyote out hunting with a friend who has lived there all his life that's when he told me about that guy. Oh by the way I just missed him shot right between the ear but high ugh

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top