Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

SKS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fireballxl5, Dec 24, 2011.

1. fireballxl5

fireballxl5 North Clark County Washington New Member

I HAVE A POST-BAN SKS AND WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE THE EXISTING FACTORY INSTALLED MAG WITH A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

2. mudflatmike

mudflatmike Lake Stevens, Wa. Active Member

I sent you a PM

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! yes, of course it is, just pull the pin ...drop the mag, and put the pin back in! also you can eliminate the "duck bill mag" but being an owner of a couple + a couple of ak variations, i see no reason to modify.... as the ak mags won't fit anyway ! the only thing you eliminate is the "bill" on the mag, and if you get another sks vintage, you'll have to change it also, or start carrying two sep. mags ! the other option is to buy a "D or M" trigger group, and do some more modifications, then you can use "ak" mags, but the last trigger group in "sks M" on "gun brk" went for 175.00......so i say, why not buy an "AK" ? just a thought !! anyway, enjoy yourself here, and check out the "rifle & shotgun" discussion forum, you may just get all your answers, and it's freeeeee !!!!!!!

steven