JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all!
I have an SKS Yugo, never issued, never fired. I would like to put a good quality scope on it that would compliment the 100-300 yrd range I have been told this rifle is fairly accurate in... I have a shell deflector/collector that is a little funky, but works, so would like to use a longer scope than is usually promoted for this gun. I also have a receiver mount pictany rail that seems well made. I have yet to be shown a quality scope to match this with, so any experience/suggestions would be much appreciated! Any suggestions on finding a quality 20 rd mag would be nice... but won't hold my breath on that!

Personally I would use a side mounted rail (like an AK or a PSL) most of the top cover scope mounts are unstable and not very accurate. As far as putting a 20 round mag on it, careful because you will possibly be in violation of sec 922r. Go to the Tapco site, they explain it well.

Well if you are swapping out a foreign made floor plate for a foreign made mag,what's the problem?

There are some nice steel 30 round mags for the SKS',but you may need to shave the inside of the well to fit them.Some run fine and some jam.
As far as a scope,there are some Russian scopes for these.Google 'em.

Well if you are swapping out a foreign made floor plate for a foreign made mag,what's the problem?

If you are adding any high capacity magazine to an SKS, foreign or otherwise, you are altering its imported configuration and most likely entering the realm of 922r compliance. There is some debate as to whether a high capacity fixed mag makes an SKS illegal (especially a Yugo with its night sights, grenade launcher and bayonet), but these days is it worth the risk...?

OP: here is a discussion on another forum discussing scoped SKSs. About half way down the thread are a few pictures of some side mounted arrangements (OL Duke and AKBlue). This might give you a few ideas. I think that there are some 'scout scope' kits that replace the rear sight too, but I haven't looked into them.

How rare is a SKS sniper rifle?

Keith

Last Edited:
what about adding a rear tech sight? does that make it in violation of 922r? i hope not, because i think that upgrade might put you in the 200 to 300 yrd range. i'll find out soon enough when i outfit mine with one. stay tuned...

what about adding a rear tech sight? does that make it in violation of 922r? i hope not, because i think that upgrade might put you in the 200 to 300 yrd range. i'll find out soon enough when i outfit mine with one. stay tuned...

Sights are not covered in 922r's list of foreign parts. Add away.

I have a Tech Sight on my 10-22. The peep sight is a significant improvement over the notch and post.

Keith

If you are adding any high capacity magazine to an SKS, foreign or otherwise, you are altering its imported configuration and most likely entering the realm of 922r compliance. There is some debate as to whether a high capacity fixed mag makes an SKS illegal (especially a Yugo with its night sights, grenade launcher and bayonet), but these days is it worth the risk...?

OP: here is a discussion on another forum discussing scoped SKSs. About half way down the thread are a few pictures of some side mounted arrangements (OL Duke and AKBlue). This might give you a few ideas. I think that there are some 'scout scope' kits that replace the rear sight too, but I haven't looked into them.

How rare is a SKS sniper rifle?

Keith

thanks for answering, I am getting a little tired of this question. 922r can be serious business, after all, who wants to commit a federal felony?

thanks for answering, I am getting a little tired of this question. 922r can be serious business, after all, who wants to commit a federal felony?

Yeah I just put my mag back in.I'm not about to buy all the other bubblegum to make it legal for a aftermarket mag.I would just buy a AK instead.

So anybody want 3 30 round mags?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top