JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a real pretty Russian. Every part on this rifle has a matching serial number. and original finish on all wood and metal parts.
Not any wear on the metal action parts but I don't think I can claim it is unissued.
I see crazy prices on Gunbrocker for SKS rifles not as good condition as this one. Are they really getting $1500 to $2000??

1575123221933.png
1575123272662.png

Last Edited:
Beautiful rifle there...
My best guess here is something like $400-$600 for a real world price...depending on when and where you try to sell it.

I like the SKS series of rifles...sure wish I would have kept one of the ones that I owned...sigh
Andy

Need more pics.....in the white bolt leans towards non-refurb, but you never know.
They can bring some stupid prices, but that doesnt necessarily mean yours will.

Beautiful rifle there...
My best guess here is something like $400-$600 for a real world price...depending on when and where you try to sell it.

I like the SKS series of rifles...sure wish I would have kept one of the ones that I owned...sigh
Andy
I have bought and sold several Chineese and Russian SKS rifles and carbines over the years. I kept this one since she is so pretty.
1953 Tula More pics

1575127693120.png
1575127777555.png
1575127739889.png

Tula's command a premium, and if it's all matching and non-refurbed, that's another couple hundred on top of that. In the condition and other aspects in mind, I could see this type of thing probably on GunBroker for 700 minimum.

I have not kept up with the valuation on the guns , because they have tended to go up and down in price with panics etc. They are clearly more valuable now than years back. I still have a unfired NIB Chicom rifle that I will sell at some point when the price makes it advantageous for me to do so.

Some of the very early ones with the straight gas exit block may bring more but I think yours would bring around $750 right now. I think the prices will be coming down over the next months as the economy grinds to a crawl. Lovely Ruskie..!

I have had and currently own a few Russians. If a true number match (including the stock) and not a refurbished that is a 700+ gun. Have sold several refurbished models for 550-650 over the last year. Is the safety knurled? That is a great example!

Un-molested Russian's in that condition are a rarity these days. Somewhere in the $500-$700 range to the buyer who knows what it is. So sad, one of my biggest regrets was selling the one I had in similar condition. I remember in the early 90's these were sold "new" for $79-$100 in 55gal barrels at gun shops.

They were all the rage back then. My dad bought one for my 13th birthday, and two of my uncles bought Norinco Type-56's, man did we have a blast shooting that $1.99 Chinese x39 ammo!!! Those were the days...

$700-$800(due to condition)

I was tracking them for quite a while on GB, while I was in the market for one in like/same condition. I was hoping to find one for less than $600 to no avail.

Sure, plenty of marred ones @ <$600, but not one nice and pretty like yours(what I was looking for).

I'll give you 6 bills for yours;).

Is your Russian SKS up for a possible sale if you still have it. I would very much be interested in this rifle if your willing to sell it. I am in Washington state.

Let me know,
Jason