JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As with everything else, there is a lot of history on the sks around many countries.

Is a stamped trigger guard or milled better? Threaded barrel or pinned. Built in China with Russian Tooling and then you can get into Russian supervision in some plants as well. Lots of similar things apply to every ak and ar out there and affects the selling price - why would that be the case but then things like "every sks is only worth $200 tops" get said.

So I think "some" sks's are worth way more then others. I paid twice what I paid for my yugo for a model, year and country that I was looking for.

Lots of people think I'm an idiot for that but it's not like you can go out and find what I have easily or cheaply if the seller knows what they have so I felt and feel it was worth it.

As far as comparing an sks, ar and ak... They all excel in different areas and thats in a lot of other threads so lets leave it there or start another whats the best gun thread:p

Personal note - I own an sks an a low end ar. If I had to fight aliens I would start with the ar till it broke then use my sks for the rest of the fight and not worry about it breaking.

What better configuration for an SKS!

upload_2015-9-19_17-53-42.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think allot comes down to the market I traded a guy looking for a 10/22 one time and 3K in 762x39 he had, hard case and aftermarket stock and mags was asking like 600.00 But I knew with ammo it was worth more then my 10/22 umm not 600.00 but I used that a negotiation tool and got 3K in ammo, a dragonov stock, several magazines a case and couple extra parts like scope and some goodies. I thew in a box of 10/22 and because of the 22 ammo scare he pounced on the deal. In my case a guy thinking his SKS was worth more played well for my trade. I have allot of 22 ammo and a few 22's so trading one was no big deal. It also gave me a toys to experiment on being no numbers matched and was not the original stock, I have used this one to do my bastard SKS Frankenstein stuff too. Its pretty wicked looking right now.

Hmmm $395.00 is not bad for a like new SKS, the only thing is 8 years ago these were easily found at 199.00 . Why the prices are tolerable, if we look at SKS in the early 90's were 99.00 and then in 2007 the doubled , now only 7 years later they doubled again. Very few firearms have had this kind of increase in the last 20 years. I hear told in the 80's people were picking these up for 49.00 I never saw them much. The SKS is a fine rifle I have a few and a big fan, but doubling prices every 8-10 years will have these easily in the 700-800 by 2020. Seems Facebook and Armslist always are having these listed now for 500.00 and up which is insane but like the 22LR scare if people by it at double people will sell at double.

I was wondering the other day why AK-47 are at times listed cheaper and then it dawned on me, the black gun scare. People probably think the AK will go the way of the DODO Bird, and all that will be left are low magazine rifles like these that are 10's . Ten seem that liberal-Anti magic number however seems many SKS's like the one mentioned above wont sell to California cause of the Bayonet I guess.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top