JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, what would you pay for a SKS and why? I Just got into an argument with a friend of mine who says Im trying to screw him. I offered him between 250-300 (which is the most I would pay for a SKS) for a mil-surp Chinese SKS packed in cosmo. I tried to explain to him that its not a M that takes AK mags and such. He wanted 500 and said a pawn shop would give him 300. Also tried to explain that Im not going to pay the price of the times and Ill pay what its worth. Im not gonna pay 900 for a 400 AK ya know? Dont get me wrong, Its a nice gun. Gonna take a lot of work getting the cosmo off and stuff. The stock needs some work and its missing the bayo and cleaning rod. I told him the pawn shop would give 3 and turn and sell for 6+ or whatever. Hes says Im being unrealistic. I told him to find someone who has no idea about SKSs and sell it to them, Im not paying that price. Am I in the wrong or what? To compare, I bought 2 Yugos 6 months ago for 300. What do you think?

I agree with you.

Course I wouldnt give more the say 150.. but I am not a big fan of the SKS.

That said, a friend just sold one, aprrox couple thousand rounds through it, for $500! That seems to be the market value right now, but it will drop again.

Is it really a 'milsurp' Chinese SKS or just one made for the US commercial market? The vast majority of Chinese SKSs out there are the latter. If he has one of the former it might be worth what he's asking. If the latter, I would pay in the $250 to $300 range you were suggesting, maybe less because of the missing bayo.

More info is needed. What are the markings on the receiver, does it have early or late features, etc.?

Keith

I agree It's only worth 2-300 but there selling for more than that admittedly by you in the pawn shop comment. Should he sell it to you for a couple hundred less than he could get elsewhere? That's a moral issue I guess. If you don't like his price wait for another one that's 250-300 ish. How long will that take? Dunno...

I dont have the rifle in front of me now but its a Norinco. At first glance the # seem to match but I only took a quick look before the arguing started. Last Norinco I bought was for 300. No cosmo to clean, bayo was there, cleaning rod was there etc. He can sell it to some other sucker for all I care. I have mine. I dont feel Im being unrealistic.

I also started this thread so I can show him how others feel and that its not just me.

So where's the argument? You made an offer and he said, "No thanks". If he offered you $600 for an AR in your safe, you have the right to refuse. No big deal. Just move on. There's still some (relatively) cheap SKSs out there but the current market is what it is. Keep looking and good luck with your search.

So where's the argument? You made an offer and he said, "No thanks". If he offered you $600 for an AR in your safe, you have the right to refuse. No big deal. Just move on. There's still some (relatively) cheap SKSs out there but the current market is what it is. Keep looking and good luck with your search.

It wasnt my argument. He wanted money NOW i suppose and I dont want to pay his price. Like I said, I explained to him my stance on it and he didnt like it I guess.

I appreciate your guys responses. I dont care who he sells it to, I just want to show Im not trying to screw him or being unrealistic. (unrealistic, that word is bugging the crap out of me)

panic price on a sks is retarded.NO where including CA is trying to ban sks(only thumb holes and folders but thats on any semi)factory if a ban on ars/macs/aks goes through norincos will be imported by the boat load

panic price on a sks is retarded.NO where including CA is trying to ban sks(only thumb holes and folders but thats on any semi)factory if a ban on ars/macs/aks goes through norincos will be imported by the boat load

Norincos will never be imported at all, let alone by the boatload, until Federal law changes.

Keith

I appreciate your guys responses. I dont care who he sells it to, I just want to show Im not trying to screw him or being unrealistic. (unrealistic, that word is bugging the crap out of me)

In this screwy market he's not unrealistic on price (more than 3 bills) he could probably get 600 to someone with fresh tax returns to spend in a heartbeat on Armslist especially if it is new in cosmoline (as I assume). I have one I bought back in the good old 99.00 days and I have shot the piss out of it before I had AR's and I still wouldn't sell it for less than 300, I'll just keep it.

He is not out of line for wanting more nor are you for not wanting to pay more....Let it go,Move on.

Why argue?

You say a price. He counters with his price. You guys don't agree........walk away. Stay FRIENDS.

Jeez.......children.

Aloha, Mark

PS...........I can remember when they were being sold for $99 out the door. So, LOL.......

You said, "Im not going to pay the price of the times and Ill pay what its worth."

Well, whatever dude. And, I'm not saying that an SKS is worth even _____ right now. When a good deal comes......there you are.

I'd pay 375 for an unfired, in cosmoline WITH accessories/original box norinco sks.
I would not pay (other than the M's )over 300 period. Other people would, and are, paying a lot more.

I recently bought a Norinco unfired in cosmo for $375, I also paid $300 for 2 lightly used Chinese, but poor wood stocks , the recent Century Arms released guns, they were Chinese aid to the Albanians

I know it's common sense, but what I will pay, what the seller wants and what the gun is worth don't always intersect. I purchased a used gun recently and was asked by a friend after the purchase if it was a "good deal." I told him I really didn't know as it was what I wanted and was in the realm of what I wanted to pay. Course right now supply has to be taken into account as well as political climate*.

All that being said, the SKS doesn't really lift my kilt, so I wouldn't be willing to pay too much for one.

*(when I say political climate I mean, I am not willing to pay crazy prices for something as it might be banned, but I will move a semi-auto up my purchase list over a revolver. The revolver will be there to purchase, but the semi may only be there with neutered mags.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top