Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SKS not ejecting spent shell

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Lush, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Lush

Lush Seattle, Washington, United States Active Member

i have a sks that will not eject the spent shell. it will fire one maybe two rounds if im lucky then the spend shells will get caught up. it is a Norinco. not a yugo 59/66. it is on a folding stock w/ fixed mag. thanks for the help.

2. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Does it extract alright by hand? If not I would disassemble and clean the bolt inside and out and make sure the extractor spring is free of cosmoline. If it extracts by hand with no problems I would disassemble the carbine and clean the gas system.

Make sure the gas port is clean as well as the op-rod. Unless you cleaned the carbine yourself then there might still be some cosmoline in the op-rod channel. Also clean and inspect the gas piston; make sure that it fits and that there is no undue pitting on the piston.

Sometimes it's as easy as that. Good luck.

3. Lush

Lush Seattle, Washington, United States Active Member

sometimes i can pull the bolt back with no problems and other times it can be hard to even pull the bolt back.
    and thanks for the tips. ill when i cleaned it i might not have done as good a job on the gas tube as i should have

4. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Does it have a grenade launcher? Check to make sure its not closed.