JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen an adapter of some sort (quite a while ago) for adapting another mag to an sks (not the standard sks detachable mags) that didn't have the giant lip on the front of the mag. Maybe ak mags or something?
Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or where I can get it?
Or I'm mistaken... which could be....

There was a company that tried producing a magwell that had to be fitted to an SKS to accept AK mags.
They produced some guns that way and sold them,but the adapter never really took off.
Model M SKS's will accept AK mags,so will D's.
These were actually manufactured thiss way after Norinco took a tour of the US shop that was doing the conversions,as a way to get around the ban on importing the SKS and AK rifles.

I have seen an adapter of some sort (quite a while ago) for adapting another mag to an sks (not the standard sks detachable mags) that didn't have the giant lip on the front of the mag. Maybe ak mags or something?
Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or where I can get it?
Or I'm mistaken... which could be....

I had one about 12 years ago, bought it for my Norinco SKS....after reading the instructions, I opted not to use it. The bolt needed to be narrowed, along with some other mods.....not something I was comfortable doing to a pretty nice gun.

If it were me, I'd look for a factory produced D or M model if you want AK mags.

Or.....just get a pile of strippers.....you'd be surprised how fast you can reload with those after a little practice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top