JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WTF?? this thing is listed for auction on Rock Island Auctions

Says norinco SKS gatling.

buDVhzM.png

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/1024/lid/5425

Last Edited:
This reminds me of when I was young, 14. The time in the article fits pretty well with what memory I have. We had a neighbor who made small things on his lathe. The only thing I ever remember seeing though was this Gatling Gun. I don't know who "Karl J. Furr" is though. Paul Kuni had the gun in his possession and as far as I knew it was built in his basement, it may have been a collaborative effort. The gun HAS been fired though! Neighbor Paul brought the thing down to show dad one day, they loaded it up with fifty or so 22 shorts and fired them into an old stump in the back yard from 15'-20'. This was a rural town called Midvale 12 miles South of city center, Salt Lake City. Houses weren't THAT far away, though they weren't jambed close together either. LOL

Amazing, putting a name in Google, and having something from so far in MY past come up!

EDIT: I was curious of who Karl Furr was so I searched and came up with a phone number for a son, Douglas Furr. I was able to reach Douglas and had a nice long conversation. What a pleasure that was! Apparently there were a group of mechanical engineer type guys, including my neighbor Paul Kuni, that got together and built many of these guns. They worked at the Geneva Steel Plant in Orem Utah and would gather after work at the Furrs house. The Furrs, son and dad, are still building guns.

FurrThird1883Gatling23-1.JPG

This is a 1/3 scale Model 1883 Gatling gun on a brass field carriage made by the renown Karl Furr of Orem, Utah. Chambered in .22 short rimfire, this actually shoots and will fire up to 800 rounds per minute. Must be sent to an FFL dealer. 64 round Accles drum magazine. 18" diameter wheels with beautiful highly figured black walnut spokes, brass hubs, and brass tires. This is a very early Furr 1883 Gatling, serial # 09, and is signed on the bottom in engraving pencil "Made by, Karl J. Furr, No 9, Paul J. Kuni, Orem, Ut. 1969" in five lines. The barrel group measures 18 1/2" long not counting the tiller handle. 10 .22 caliber rifled barrels enclosed in a brass casing. The rear of the barrel group has two spirit levels for leveling the gun. This is not classed as a class III machine gun. If you can own a rifle, shotgun, or pistol, you can legally own this masterpiece in most states! The brass looks to have never been polished, and has a nice mellow mustard color. Really great, possibly unfired condition.

Price: $11,500.00

Last Edited:
Actually, I understand that they are trying to get Bruce Jenner to star in a remake of that movie . . .
The title will be "Ben Her."

Sheldon

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads