JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Build time machine, go back to when they were $50-$100 a piece. Buy all of them!

If you don't mind the Chinese SKS's you may want to head over to Sportsmans Warehouse. They have a Black Friday sale on Sks's for $399. These days thats a good price. Unless you can get a deal on another type of sks, the Chinese ones are functionally the same and in general, if kept in the original military configuration, well made and reliable.

The Sportsman's are the best buy right now for a general SKS, but if you can get a Romy, or M59 B or C, you'll be ahead collector wise, as they are not as plentiful as M59/66. If you go with the 59/66, you might want a replacement gas valve. The valves are a common source of trouble. PAX

I never owned a factory SKS that had a problem however I purchased some bubba tactical SKS's and nothing but problems . The remedy was to switch those back to their original factory config and voila no more problems !

I'd stay away from the Yugo SKS, bore isn't chrome lined on Yugo and it has the ugly grenade launcher.
Personally I'd stay away from anything without a chrome lined bore in 7.62x39.

I'd stay away from the Yugo SKS, bore isn't chrome lined on Yugo and it has the ugly grenade launcher.
Personally I'd stay away from anything without a chrome lined bore in 7.62x39.
Don't say that it's just about it's grenade launcher it's just a little birth defect that's all :(

I see that they are not chrome lines but that's not as much of a concern of mine as I clean my guns before and after shooting and never shoot them that often so the pros of a chrome lined don't effect me that much thanks!

Don't say that it's just about it's grenade launcher it's just a little birth defect that's all :(

I see that they are not chrome lines but that's not as much of a concern of mine as I clean my guns before and after shooting and never shoot them that often so the pros of a chrome lined don't effect me that much thanks!
The point being not everyone does so be on the lookout for that.

If they're nice tight bores a lot of people claim they can get better accuracy out of the yugo barrels vs chrome lined ones….but any milsurps that saw battle ate yugo Ammo which is corrosive and you'll be able to tell. They'll still shoot just Where they shoot 😂

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top