JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Folks,

Bought an SKS online last week and sent payment; then called a couple of local Shops (Salem. OR) to do the transfer and they don't seem too enthusiastic about doing this kind of business.

I called one 2 times to fax their info to the GunBroker seller and nothing has been sent yet (according to seller).
Yesterday went to another gun shop and they took all the info and said they were going to send their stuff to the seller when they could, I'll check on monday with the seller to see if they received the FFL and shipping info.

For contingency plan anyone knows a local FFL (Salem, OR area) to do a transfer for an SKS? I'm taking standard magazine Norinco SKS, old gun but in ok condition. Seller will send to FFL only, not C&R License holder.
Disclaimer: I'm new at buying stuff from GunBroker, and the seller has over 1000 positive feedback.

Maybe you could have bought this local for about $10 more than you paid on line?
Maybe you looked a some in the local shops? Fondled them? With the shop lights on? (you know the lights that cost money to have on?)

I don't blame them for not wanting to do transfers. Y'all go to the stores and look at these things,then go online to save a couple dollars. Sometimes they can't find a specific gun for you and you need to go to gun broker.But most of the time they can find it and get it for you at about the same cost.
Just buy local and you will save yourself all this trouble.
Help keep the local guys' stores open

Maybe you could have bought this local for about $10 more than you paid on line?
Maybe you looked a some in the local shops? Fondled them? With the shop lights on? (you know the lights that cost money to have on?)

I don't blame them for not wanting to do transfers. Y'all go to the stores and look at these things,then go online to save a couple dollars. Sometimes they can't find a specific gun for you and you need to go to gun broker.But most of the time they can find it and get it for you at about the same cost.
Just buy local and you will save yourself all this trouble.
Help keep the local guys' stores open

I have no problem shopping at the local stores when they have what I want in stock, sometimes they don't and sometimes I want something when I want it -- I am an American.

It would help their business if they did do transfers HAPPILY, they could get a new customer by showing them what a good experience it is to shop in store instead of online.

@mjbskwin: I understand your point. But why would a shop take the info, say ok will do it and then don't follow up? It would be better for them to say, sorry don't make any money doing transfers so I won't do it, I would accept that and take my business somewhere else, no problem. Also the piece I bought was 80 - 100 bucks less than what I've seen locally, yes with shipping and transfer fees it will be more like 30-40 bucks less. Still 40 dollars will buy about 160 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo.

I don't mind buying locally, just sometimes can't find what I'm looking for.

Bravo look on the Gunbroker home page and there is a link to find ffl for transfer. There are a couple in your area. The rate seem hi to me but looks like you are stuck with them. It is best to find a ffl that will transfer before bidding. Some shops are just stuck in the past and won't recognise the internet as the future for all businesses. Transfers are easy money unless it's a super hi volume shop with a line of buyers at the counter.

Also call Pawn shops. I';ve heard on other sites about people doing transfers that way.... most of them sell guns and are familiar with all of the paperwork. Easy $$ for them.
<broken link removed>

# 5 for example states

"Great Service, Nice place, cool stuff

Dave (owner) exceeded my expectations. The FFL transfer fee was less than most and the service was so good. My request for their license to be faxed to my distributor was handled both times within one hour. The staff is friendly and the ..."

also....

Pawnshop Inc, the in Salem, Oregon - Licensed Pawnbroker in Firearms

Good luck.

Call and ask some FFL holders. Some will, some won't. If they say they will send info but don't follow through, I'd think it means they're flaky. You can probably find one that will charge a minimal amount and is happy send their info.

Thanks everyone for the great info!!!! I just started last year to get a 'collection' going and the first online purchase I made was easy, no problems, this one has been a little more challenging but with all the info I have now it should be a breeze.

Thanks again, great forum this is for the new 'collector' :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top