JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so the fat guys have their thread on how they conceal carry..
How about some of us slimmer guys? Suggestions and techniques, type of holsters and body positions? Which position and set up is most comfortable for you?
For me, I wouldnt exactly call myself skinny, but slimmer average build for my height.. 6'2 225 lbs. I have tried several different holsters, kydex, leather, nylon.. ab carry, 3 oclock, small of the back.
Was not a fan of leather or kydex, I've found the 3 oclock position to be most comfortable with a recently purchased IWB holster made by Elite. I find it very comfortable, durable quality and conceals very nicely! Only down side to it is that it does not hold open strong retention if I was to have to draw my weapon out of the holster out in public for some reason. A little difficult to re-holster but not terribly too bad. I carry a taurus 9mm G2 sub-compact in it. I recently switched to this gun and set up after carrying a full size smith & wessson 5906 9mm in the small of the back for years... Just curious to what others have for their set up and carry style?
Safe and happy shooting!

P1010002.JPG

P1010002.JPG

Ive been waiting on this thread to pop up! As a somewhat skinny guy (5'8 185lbs) i had to find what worked and it took quite a few months of asking my annoyed wife if i was printing as i bent or stretched. I carry everyday now with my current set up when i get home ill add in pictures. I carry a M&P Shield in .40, in an Alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 at the 3 o'clock position.

I have been carrying for over 20 years and about a year ago a friend recommended Alien gear ISWB holster. They are awesome. . I recently added a crimson trace red dot to my carry gun ( Taurus PT-140 ) I then ordered a holster for it. They replied and informed me that their records indicated I had purchased two holsters for that firearm and if I would send in my old holster's they would send new ones at no charge. Bam new holster for free . Cant beat that. I also have OSWB for different applications and they are as good as ISWB. Their customer service is the best in the industry.

@Craig +1 for their customer service for me as well. Sent an inquiry email and within 2 days my two holster set was here. I also have their OWB holster for my Glock 20 and I love it.

I have looked at the alien gear holsters and have thought about that type of set up. They do look nice. I havn't tried any kidex for IWB yet but have for OWB. I just thought that kydex would be too bulky and print more for IWB, especially at 3 oclock position which is most comfortable for me. I do think an alien gear is next to add to the holster collection..Lol, hopefully it wont end up thrown in the box with all the rest of the "not so much carried holsters"!
I recently switched carry positions and firearm size, as I accidently "flashed" my weapon in public. Not that big of a deal but I do like to go completely concealed.. I was out at christmas time shopping with my 2 little ones at toys r us.. I bent way down low to pick something up off the bottom shelf and when I stood back up straight, my shirt stuck behind my weapon as I was carrying it small of the back, leaving it completely visible for all the kids around to see.. My 6 yr old son says to me not quietly, Dad your gun is sticking out of your pants. A couple other boys standing nearby immediatly look over my way and start saying OH COOL and what not. The parents just give me "the look" and go about their business. Oh well I guess! If my kids had not been with me that day the whole situation may have ended up entirely different as I walk around toys r us with my gun sticking out of my pants... So after that I decided to carry and conceal a different set up.

6'2" and 225 is skinny? :rolleyes: I'm 5'5" and 130 lbs. Smaller than my wife or kids. Started recently with a P32 in a pocket holster, but would like to move up to either my Sig 290 or S&W3913. How much larger than normal does the waist need to be for IWB?

Skinny? 6' 190 is not skinny,nor is 6'2 and 225
Skinny is 6'ish and 140 150ish.
But anyway you call it,unless you're a fat guy,you can always find a larger shirt. I believe a person should dress to carry not adjust their carry to the way they dress. Like no skinny jeans or skin tight shirts where it's almost impossible to not print.
And Tits,SOB isn't always the best to draw from,especially if you get into a bad position.

There are a bunch of good IWB hybrids out there, like the King Tuck, Crossbreed, or my first choice, the Comp-Tac MTAC. I think they all look pretty similar, and they all conceal great under a tucked shirt. The weapon thickness is more important IMO, so a slim single-stack is the way to go.

But if you go for a full-size, the bulk is so obvious that you might as well open carry...
Cue the OC/CCW debate!
OCvsCCW.jpg

OCvsCCW.jpg

Same kinda story I heard. It was a bouncer and the big guy got to him and pinned him against the wall before he could get his gun or hand from behind
He started carrying cross draw.
There's one there also.
My neighbor would joke that he brought me snowmobiling so I wasn't sleeping with his wife.
His friend was sitting next to me and pretended to take exception to this and he played like he was reaching for his derringer at cross draw. I grabbed hold and hugged him,pushing his hand past his gun and asked how it was working out for him.He said not too good

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top