JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Part of my old duties was as a firearms instructor for an agency where everyone was required to wear their firearm concealed. I learned a great deal about how women's shape made carrying concealed entirely different than for a male.

Neither sex has an advantage or disadvantage as body type can be used to your advantage IF you are willing to dress to take advantage of the shape. As a thinner male I couldn't wear shoulder holsters where the firearm was carried horizontally as I wasn't thick enough to conceal it well. Larger males could, as could large breasted females because the distance from backbone to front of the body was wider.

The shape of male hips makes strong side hip carry easy. The inner curve of female hips into the waist makes the same kind of carry more difficult IF holsters designed for males are used. There are holsters made specifically to hug the shape of the female hip/waist.

As the OP says she is short waisted, this could actually be an advantage. Shirts that hang down over the belt line will be a little longer to help concealing a holster carried on the hip. However, properly concealing the firearm will involve giving up very form fitting clothing. Some women dress so as to draw people's eyes away from where the firearm may be carried and onto another area of their anatomy. This is a distinct advantage that men lack.

If I had a decent cleavage, you wouldn't ever notice the cannon on my hip....your eyes just wouldn't get around to looking there. Use anatomy to your advantage...

"If I had a decent cleavage, you wouldn't ever notice the cannon on my hip....your eyes just wouldn't get around to looking there. Use anatomy to your advantage... "

Are you suggesting a boob job to help her conceal her gun??:s0112::s0112:

It would be cheaper to just have a good smile, that allways changes the way people look at you.
jj

Amy,

My humble suggestion is to contact a gentleman named Ray at Lobo Gun Leather and express your concerns. Besides being a real nice guy (and ex LEO), Ray has been making holsters for both sexes for a very long time and really knows his trade.

His prices and turnaround time are hard to beat, and I'm sure he can help you find something that works very well for YOU.

I wear 5.11 tactical shirts on occasion. They are like under armor with pockets on each side to fit a handgun or extra mag. The gun then rides above your waist. Might be an option for you.

<broken link removed> this is one style I have. I also have a v-neck.

Thanks for the post, that is awesome. That is definitely going on my Christmas list this year :)

No, I'm not suggesting any surgery, or trying to insult anyone. The comment about the smile is spot on. If you intelligently use what anatomical advantages you have, people will be less likely to notice your firearm.

Really large people have a great advantage there. Skinny people, or people who wear tight fitting clothing choose to put themselves at a great disadvantage. Whether you use your anatomy to your advantage, or disadvantage is a matter of choice of priorities. I like pretty girls as much as anyone...but a really tight fitting outfit would make any firearms much more noticeable. A sweater that is cut low in the front, and is long and loose fitting makes hiding a firearm much easier than a short, tight fitting low cut sweater...That is all I'm saying.

I apologize if I have offended anyone. It wasn't my intent to insult anyone, or make any lewd comments about anyone's anatomy.

Some women dress so as to draw people's eyes away from where the firearm may be carried and onto another area of their anatomy. This is a distinct advantage that men lack.

If I had a decent cleavage, you wouldn't ever notice the cannon on my hip....your eyes just wouldn't get around to looking there. Use anatomy to your advantage...

Hey, guys can have this advantage too. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner. I'm going to start stuffing my pants to distract people from the gun on my hip :D

forget the pistol.... sling an ar15 over your back.... no one should bother you about it
You forget, this is about concealed carry holsters. The proper method would be to use a Draco in a shoulder sling under a trench coat.

No, I'm not suggesting any surgery, or trying to insult anyone. The comment about the smile is spot on. If you intelligently use what anatomical advantages you have, people will be less likely to notice your firearm.

Really large people have a great advantage there. Skinny people, or people who wear tight fitting clothing choose to put themselves at a great disadvantage. Whether you use your anatomy to your advantage, or disadvantage is a matter of choice of priorities. I like pretty girls as much as anyone...but a really tight fitting outfit would make any firearms much more noticeable. A sweater that is cut low in the front, and is long and loose fitting makes hiding a firearm much easier than a short, tight fitting low cut sweater...That is all I'm saying.

I apologize if I have offended anyone. It wasn't my intent to insult anyone, or make any lewd comments about anyone's anatomy.

Not a problem, NoOne, I knew exactly what you were getting at. I agree, there are definitely ways to distract from a concealed weapon. A tastefully low-cut sweater is a great idea and very much in style these days. I've started checking out resale stores and keeping my eye out for bargains. I also kept some jeans that are now a size too big to try out with IWB holsters.

The links have been really useful, giving me a lot of new ideas. Any others are also appreciated.

Amy

Here is a good thread that may help you, including at least one female that seems to fit a similar built as you.

here--- Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed..

Great link to that CC thread.Saw way more man butt than I wanted to tough.
Very nice holsters on there.

I have a leather vest with two HUGE inside pockets.I can carry my full size 1911 in either side.
I bought it for the bike.Never wear it but it would do good for CC. I'll use it on long trips
I would suppose you could do one in any type material you wanted.

Amy,
When I was out at Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard picking out a gunbelt (that I'm super happy with btw) I oversaw a really great interaction between the woman that works there and a female customer. As one who has spent many a year in retail sales I was impressed. They aren't far away. They had bunch of stock on hand and were also delivering some custom work while I was there.:s0155:
Matt

Amy,
When I was out at Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard picking out a gunbelt (that I'm super happy with btw) I oversaw a really great interaction between the woman that works there and a female customer. As one who has spent many a year in retail sales I was impressed. They aren't far away. They had bunch of stock on hand and were also delivering some custom work while I was there.:s0155:
Matt

Thanks for the information... I had no idea this place was so close to my side of town. I will definitely check it out and tell them I heard about it here. Maybe I'll ask for a holster from Santa this year. :s0112:

Ok Amy so forgive me if I cover anything that wuz already covered because I'm up late and waiting for my girlfriend to get off work so this is a drunk response but.........I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her and she is about urr size but hasn't had enought trigger time for me to be comfortable for her to carry sooooooooo...Figure out how you want to carry before you buy the gun
So many bubblegums on this site and SGN assume that what ever gun I'm talking about is a carry one and for the serious reloader or shooter may only have 1 or two guns max for carry and its common for regulars on this site to suggest that all handguns are for carry and self deffense. Most of mine are to make the guy at the range next to me look like a sh#t head while trying to hit his target. That being said I like guns!!!!!!!
To answer urr ?? With a semi straight answer, you are looking for a custom made holster. Trust me on this one. You dropped the $$ on a compact M&P so spend a bill on a custom holster since urr stuck with the gun. Great choice by the way. Good luck and dont let the bubblegum making urr holster cop a feel;)

I have no reason to sell the site... it just simply is a better place to list a classified if you live around the Seattle area. plain and simple

NWF has 10k members, spread out around 3 states, and a majority of them are in Oregon... SGN has over 5k members, and they are all local. I have listed the same gun on both sites, and had a higher view count on SGN, not to mention that everyone looking at it is a potential buyer, because they actually live in the same state.

I'm not knocking NWF... I love the site!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top