JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are two options:

1) Go with the hysteria. Anti-gunners do this too. Liberal Clark county will no doubt soon be pushing for more restrictive legislation that affects us law-abiding citizens. Thankfully WA law overrides that.
2) Consider it an event that stands by itself. Maybe the kid got influenced by yesterday's news, but this is what stupid teenagers do. I pulled some stunts in my time and many would now consider me a reasonably sane contributor to society. :)

Wasn't there a time where one could bring a rifle to school to go out hunting afterwards? I remember reading such stories.

Yeah, my parents went to school in Morton. Everybody was hunters.... The rule was, if you had it in your vehicle, you had to tell the principle and you were fine. If someone reported it and you didnt, you would get a talkin' to.

The eow comment was a joke since we are getting close to that day....

I would agree the kid was proly just trying to get attention... They had a few of those types at Evergreen back in the day.... I remember one kid that called in a bomb threat so he didnt have to take a test...

A gun was found at Evergreen Highschool. All area schools are now in lock down.

What the he!! is going on people?!?!?! Is this the start of the end of the world????

Gimme a Fing break.

I went all through Jr High and HS without a single lockdown of anything. We had MULTIPLE instances of people carrying weapons in the school. They sky didn't fall. We didn't all die. GTF over it.

There are two options:

1) Go with the hysteria. Anti-gunners do this too. Liberal Clark county will no doubt soon be pushing for more restrictive legislation that affects us law-abiding citizens. Thankfully WA law overrides that.
2) Consider it an event that stands by itself. Maybe the kid got influenced by yesterday's news, but this is what stupid teenagers do. I pulled some stunts in my time and many would now consider me a reasonably sane contributor to society. :)

Wasn't there a time where one could bring a rifle to school to go out hunting afterwards? I remember reading such stories.

Yep, 50, 60 or so years ago what this kid did would have been perfectly Ok and no-one would have noticed. GCA68 changed all that...then it went downhill from there. We are finally turning the corner, maybe in another 50-60 years it will be back to sanity again.

Lots of schools had rifle ranges in the basement, and rifle teams...you supplied your own rifle though, the school didn't purchase them as "sports equipment" This happened in NYC too..Believe it or not.

IN the fall of 1973 as a freshman at Silverton Union High School. I took a Universal M1 Carbine to high school on the School bus. I placed it in my locker. I went to 1st and 2nd period classes. During the break between 2nd and 3rd periods I got the carbine from my locker and took it to English class where I used it as part of my Frosh Speech. "How to Field Strip and Clean a M1 Carbine" The Speech was line for line how my dad was teaching it while a Sgt. in the Oregon National Guard.

I was given an A for the speech and was the only student in class to receive their grade within seconds of the end of their speech. Everyone else got theirs on a critique sheet.

After class I returned the carbine to my locker and took it home on the bus later.

I had a full magazine in my pocket all day long. (forgot it was in the soft case until I was already on the bus).

All it took was a short phone call from my dad to the School VP to get permission.

I went to HS in Massachusetts, so there was no such thing as gun around. Lot of guys however did carry knifes on them, and in most cases visible on their belt. No one thought anything of it. Even though there were fights from time to time no one ever even thought of using a knife. If you did pull one, you'd be labeled a coward.

I cannot imagine how much more restrictive things will get over the next 20 years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top