JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so finally after owning a brand new (feb08) Sig Sauer Mosquito for 9 months (a month and a half of that, it was at Sig getting "worked on") i finally got Sportsmans to take it back. They refunded me the $324 i paid for it and put it on a giftcard.

I told them I was interested in a Sig 229 9mm. They just called me and said they cant find it anywhere in their system and they think its discontinued?!?! I just looked on Sigs site and its listed there as still available.

Im not quite sure what to make of this, the wife wants that as her replacement. I guess ill have to wait and see what they find out. Anyone heard this?

Go somewhere other than sportsmans. No offense, but their prices are pretty stiff on most stuff. You might be able to find a good shop through the review section/map.

Also there is a couple of FFL dealers on this forum that could get you a price.

And I'm pretty sure they are discontinued, since I still see them listed for sale on many online distributors.

Yes thats what I mean. Sorry I missed the giftcard part. Well I don't know why they can't find it, maybe their wholesalers are out of stock? Maybe you could try talking to them again, or maybe another store, someone should be able to find one.

Sportsman's can't just special order things like someplace like Keiths

It's a big company, they have corporate buyers that buy for the entire chain, guys at the gun counter, even store management do not have the ability to go through the store system to get anything else. If another store has what you're looking for they Sportsmans might allow for it to be transferred in, but those kinda shenanigans are going the way of the dodo.

Any word on the Texas gun?

IIRC Sportsman's will charge an extra $50 or so for transferring a gun like that (went through all this with my G21SF). If they're going to transfer it in for you, make sure it is exactly what you want. Get at least the gun counter manager in on it, so he knows exactly what you want and, is the person in charge you're dealing with and if the pistol shows up and it isn’t what you ordered, you won't be out the transfer charge.

to bad your stuck with a gift card in place of cash we have a local ffl here in vancouver that deals mostly in sigs and most likely has a 229 in stock

yeah i know. they were supposed to call my wife today and no word so i dunno. the store manager is in the loop on the deal, he was supposed to do some adjusting on the pricing for my troubles.

Well a good idea would to be just to spend the card on ammo there, and get the gun somewhere else (if you have the extra money)

yeah thats the prob i dont have the extra dough to go elsewhere. i may settle and see if she likes the S&W MP 9mm they got in stock. im not to crazy about the trigger construction at all though. looks like its going to bend and break off. and when she hits the slide release the slide catches the skin on her thumb. so im kind of in between a rock and a hard place. maybe they will get their shipment in tomorrow.

guy there told me they got bought out by some cattle company out of canada. something about they are going to increase their inventory blah blah.

went in today to do the ol 5 day wait. should have seen my wifes face when they told her how much the 229 is. she for some reason thought it was going to be 4-500 lol. was she shocked when they told her $802 with tax. hahaha, oh well. gotta pay to play. and this time around it better not jam.

went in today to do the ol 5 day wait. should have seen my wifes face when they told her how much the 229 is. she for some reason thought it was going to be 4-500 lol. was she shocked when they told her $802 with tax. hahaha, oh well. gotta pay to play. and this time around it better not jam.

Maybe you might want to get something with your giftcard that someone else on the board would be interested in trading for?? They could get the 229 at a diff. store (and perhaps at a better price) and then you could get something else at the store (hopefully at a decent price) and then work out a trade?

Seems to be just the sort of work-around that the board was meant to facilitate. :s0155:

well, deal is done!! i brought home the new member of our little family. my 226's little bro!
DSC00631.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads