JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I am thinking about looking at property in Skamania County as a potential investment. Could any of you who live there either full or part-time tell me about the general 2A scene there? How pro-2A/pro-Constitution are the local LEO's? How about the local citizenry? Are there any local enthusiasts to meet up with? Any other information on any trends - positive or negative - you foresee and any other comments on quality of life issues in Skamania County you might wish to share, I would appreciate hearing about. Please privately PM me here by way of reply.

Thank you,

Ketoujin

There is this..... Sheriff Brown Addresses Skamania County Citizens Regarding Second Amendment.

And this..... Sheriff Brown Addresses Skamania County Citizens Regarding Second Amendment.

This.... Skamania: Constitutional sanctuary county

I don't live there but visit within the county from time to time. A freer feeling comes over me when I'm there.
Mikej,

Thank you. I hope others will chime in as well. I get a decent feeling when I go on their FB page for Carson or Stevenson communities. I do note that there are more Seventh-Day Adventists there than any single county in the country and their predilection toward pacifism could indicate a related predilection toward Cultural Marxism and the current Left-wing outrage politics of our day but, all the same, I want to be fair to those that live there before I make any judgements of them one way or the other. Hence, my request for local knowledge and the impressions of those who live there.

Thank you again,

Ketoujin

Before moving anywhere I would check the local police and county sheriffs blotters. Perhaps even a drive out there first and talk with local law enforcement to get their perspective. Crime statistics are usually available by county and city.

Everything is relative. Skamania County sure looks nice compared to Portland. Yet you still have occasional access to Portland resources if you need it. I wish I was living there, but it would put a crimp in my wife's shopping. :rolleyes:

My uncle and his family lived there for years. Great place to live. A bit of drive to get anywhere though. (They still live nearby but much closer to the Vancouver area.)
Do know there are LOTS of cloudly/foggy days and the wind blows pretty much all the time. BUT the view are great too. Based on past expeinc3e you will find the area much more 2A friendly than the usual western side. Good luck with your purchase.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top