JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of a good area in Skagit county where i can target practice all i need is around 200 feet, to zero in my rifle and eotech. And does anyone know of a good instructer in the area, or willing to teach the basics of a rifle to me i am a new to guns and need instruction.:)

I would prefer a non range shooting place

Plantation is right up I-5 in South Whatcom County (It is county run btw). Good folks there and not too expensive. Rifle range out to 300yrds. Indoor/outdoor pistol/rimfire range. I think that they have classes as well. Check out their website:

<broken link removed>

In regards to learning to shoot, I highly recommend checking out the Appleseed Project. I would go myself but it is too far for me and my truck to go ;) Check it out:

<broken link removed>

Good luck!

- Netsecsys
Semper Fi

There are some spots on Hwy 9 that people use.

If you go up-river a ways you can find a few more. When I get a little time I'll see if I can post GPS cord.

Skagit pretty much sucks for shooting.

Check our Norpoint for formal instruction. They are in Arlington.

My grandpa used to take me shooting up on "coyote ridge" between Mount Vernon and Lake McMurray right off hwy 9. I was thinking about checking that place out again...... I don't know if it is still and ok place to shoot. Been gone from shooting for about 7 years.

Greenes over on Whidbey is o.k. most times. A couple of places off the south skagit highway. Finney Creek is good make sure you are on forest svc. not private land. Access is past Day Creek. Pick up a forest service map and a road use map at forest svc. office in Sedro-Wooley. Getting harder to find public land in reasonable driving distance from MV.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top