Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

skagit county?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by skagit360, Dec 15, 2010.

1. skagit360

skagit360 mount vernon, WA New Member

Anyone know of a good area in Skagit county where i can target practice all i need is around 200 feet, to zero in my rifle and eotech. And does anyone know of a good instructer in the area, or willing to teach the basics of a rifle to me i am a new to guns and need instruction.:)

I would prefer a non range shooting place

2. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Old Skagit Gun Club? Burlington, I think?

3. netsecsys

netsecsys near: Bellingham, WA Active Member

Plantation is right up I-5 in South Whatcom County (It is county run btw). Good folks there and not too expensive. Rifle range out to 300yrds. Indoor/outdoor pistol/rimfire range. I think that they have classes as well. Check out their website:

Plantation Rifle Range, Whatcom County Washington

In regards to learning to shoot, I highly recommend checking out the Appleseed Project. I would go myself but it is too far for me and my truck to go ;) Check it out:

Appleseed - Why Should I Come?

Good luck!

- Netsecsys
    Semper Fi

4. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

There are some spots on Hwy 9 that people use.

If you go up-river a ways you can find a few more. When I get a little time I'll see if I can post GPS cord.

Skagit pretty much sucks for shooting.

Check our Norpoint for formal instruction. They are in Arlington.

5. a58chevy

a58chevy Mount Vernon, Wa New Member

My grandpa used to take me shooting up on "coyote ridge" between Mount Vernon and Lake McMurray right off hwy 9. I was thinking about checking that place out again...... I don't know if it is still and ok place to shoot. Been gone from shooting for about 7 years.

6. jcw

jcw Washington Member

Greenes over on Whidbey is o.k. most times. A couple of places off the south skagit highway. Finney Creek is good make sure you are on forest svc. not private land. Access is past Day Creek. Pick up a forest service map and a road use map at forest svc. office in Sedro-Wooley. Getting harder to find public land in reasonable driving distance from MV.