JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idaho legislature is back at it working to pass marsy's law for idaho.

Idaho peeps, please take a moment to write your representatives in opposition of this nonsense. Consider joining the Idaho second amendment alliance.

This proposal has already made it through the Senate committee process and is now up for a vote in the full Senate as early as today.

Links:
Pre written opposition email-
Action Center - Idaho Second Amendment Alliance

Article explaining the details of this legislation-
Among Other Problems, "Marsy's Law for Idaho" is Backdoor Gun Control

Idaho second Amendment Alliance-
Home Page - Idaho Second Amendment Alliance

Let's not get caught on our heels like our brothers and sisters in neighboring states!

@B5Ben @notazombie @Kcboats @MasterChief @everyone else

The BoDo area (Boise Downtown) went more purple than expected last Nov. it's not surprising to see this. It's time to get off our buts.

Idaho's not immune. The day is fast approaching that the voters in urban centers outnumber us in more rural parts of Idaho.

I'm not trying to scaremonger. I hope and pray I am wrong.

In either case, we cannot afford to be complacent.

Idaho's not immune. The day is fast approaching that the voters in urban centers outnumber us in more rural parts of Idaho.

I'm not trying to scaremonger. I hope and pray I am wrong.

In either case, we cannot afford to be complacent.

Oregon & Washington were about the same (within reason) years ago then the anti-constitutionalism disease crept into the states capitals and larger cities by progressive outsiders.

Take heed my brothers and get the younger generation involved in your values.;)

Whoever coined the phrase "Change is Good" and pushed it to frutation was a flipping moron!!!:mad:

Get off my lawn..:eek:

Last Edited:
Time to spread the word that your representatives are not representing your interest anymore, do a search to find out if there is a recall stipulation for rogue lawmakers in Idaho.
Better yet why not contact him and ask him why he supported it and explain to him it is a backdoor gun control in Idaho just like the progressive liberal West Coast.

Oregon & Washington were about the same (within reason) years ago then the anti-constitutionalism disease crept into the states capitals and larger cities by progressive outsiders.

Take heed my brothers and get the younger generation involved in your values.;)

Whoever coined the phrase "Change is Good" and pushed it to frutation was a flipping moron!!!:mad:

Get off my lawn..:eek:

Tried to like Cavemans post more than once, but couldn't.
Washington and Oregon gun owners are being flaberghasted by so many gun control bills hitting the streets that it is hard to keep up with the ones that need fighting most, not to mention the vast array of provisions in each bill. It is the responsibility of YOUR elected officials to look out for YOUR interests. If they do not, be sure to let them know you will not support them further and may even speak of them as turncoats.
The anti-2A is headed your way. Stand and deliver.

Time to gather the torches & pitchforks to show your reps that they not doing what they were elected to do.:mad:
dshuimA.jpg

If y'all get complacent then your fate will follow that of the Liberal Left Coast.:eek:

I got the following response today. Lots of words without really coming right out to say where he stands. But, yes, he was an Aye vote. Politicians gonna politic.

Dear Notazombie,

Thank you for your email concerning SJR 101. I really appreciate receiving constituent feedback on complex issues such as Marsy's Law. I am very sympathetic to the victims of violent crimes and the possibility they can be victimized again in subsequent legal and judicial proceedings. Having said that, I am very concerned that we as a legislature, and the public at large, do not take action that can have unintended consequences.

There has been concern expressed that this is a backdoor attempt to confiscate our firearms. I want to remind everyone that I am an "A" rated legislator and life member of the NRA who cares deeply about our Second Amendment rights! I co-sponsored S 1313 last year which strengthened our Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. I take our Second Amendment rights very seriously and will fight any attempt to weaken our Constitutional rights and statutory rights that protect that freedom to Keep and Bear Arms. I understand that SJR 101 is being called "Red Flag Legislation" or that this could possibly lead to fire arms confiscation. The resolution specifically states that the accessed rights under the U.S. Constitution are superior to the language in this legislation. Therefore, the individual's rights regarding due process and search-and-seizure in the U.S. Constitution apply and are superior to the provisions in this resolution. An individual's right to Keep and Bear Arms under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution applies over the proposed language.

Having said that, at the end of the day, the Legislature does not amend the Idaho Constitution, only the voters of the State can do that. If this joint resolution is approved by the Legislature, then the issue will be put on the ballot and the people of Idaho will decide. I am hesitant to substitute my judgement for the people of the State of Idaho. When it comes to amending the Constitution, I think it is important that the people make that decision.

I am concerned that this may create a series of unfunded mandates and would grow and expand government. It has been estimated it would take over $500,000 to implement the law and would place additional burdens on nearly every aspect of our judicial system. Everyone must weight the potential benefits to crime victims with any downside consequences as well as the financial cost when trying to strike the right balance with all the competing interests.

Again, thank you for your correspondence regarding SJR 101. I value your input and opinion as it helps me do a better job representing you in the Idaho Legislature.

Sincerely,

Senator Bert Brackett

Legislative District 23

Chairman, Senate Transportation Committee

State Capitol Building - WW33

Boise, Idaho 83720-0081

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class