JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Dillon sizing die is putting vertical striations on my 38 special cases, It's happening at the bottom of the die at the mouth as the case enters it. Does anyone know if there is a way polish the inside of the throat of the die? Has anyone done it?

first,you may want to contact dillon and see if thats a warrantable defect... but,i have done it to an old steel 9mm die. i took the de capper out and used some metal polish on some 0000 steel wool, wrapped the steel wool around a 1/4" drill bit, chucked it in my drill and polished them right out.

first,you may want to contact dillon and see if thats a warrantable defect... but,i have done it to an old steel 9mm die. i took the de capper out and used some metal polish on some 0000 steel wool, wrapped the steel wool around a 1/4" drill bit, chucked it in my drill and polished them right out.
THanks. I'll try it

Did you load any nickel-plated cases? I have had this happen after sizing nickel-plated cases in .38 Spl.
I simply soaked the dies over-night in Hoppe's #9 and then brushed out the sizing die.

Good advice about giving the die a good cleaning. I've had the nickel scratch the die, several times.

Good news with both Dillon and RCBS. They both have a full lifetime warranty. I've sent dies back to RCBS that were 50 years old, 4 days later new dies show up!
Same with Dillon, call them up and ZERO questions asked. Oh you have a problem? New set on the way!

I have broke several things on the Dillon 1050, all my fault. Tried paying for replacement parts. No way thanks for being a customer!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top