JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was curious what people think about full length sizing annealed brass then turning 90-180Β° and resizing seems to get some mil .223/556 pretty dang straight some are still obstinate but better than just sizing once. Seems about 1/3 come out within about a thou. Total run out.

I've heard of people doing this with seating, so i figured what the heck ill try it with sizing a few. Its all range brass and i dont expect it to last forever but i also dont want to ruin it needlessly either.
Going through gassy guns..

TIA!

I've never done this. Using this method seating Bullets can have some merit depending on what seating die you're using but I've not seen evidence of this helping in the sizing step if the die is set up properly.

interesting to read this is out there though.

I guess another question to ask is has anyone compared ammo with different run out tolerances as the control? I have some factory loaded ammo i sorted for this purpose for some upcoming range time.
The feeling i always got is it was pretty important. But then again seems to some folk every detail is as important as all the rest..
I fall victim to that too sometimes.
Maybe someone has already tried that.

Its a co-ax press so kinda hard to get in there without fully extracting. Which is indeed the case.
Fully in fully out turn and repeat. ;)
I hear you. Just don't run the expander ball through it more than absolutely necessary or you're unnecessarily work-hardening your brass.

I do that! I resize , turn the brass and run it again. It does not seem to work the brass any more. But I get less run out. The other thing I do is pull the expander ball up high enough that it just clears the neck on the down stroke, and as it starts back up the neck is still held straight in the die as the ball comes up! DR

Speaking about doing "run out tests" and spinning bullets and loaded cartridges....

Maybe one day you'll realize that the position that you actually place the cartridge into the chamber/breech makes a difference too.

Anyway.....
i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

Most importantly.
Have a fun time at the range.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Speaking about doing "run out tests" and spinning bullets and loaded cartridges....

Maybe one day you'll realize that the position that you actually place the cartridge into the chamber/breech makes a difference too.

Anyway.....
View attachment 1001978

Most importantly.
Have a fun time at the range.

Aloha, Mark
I actually have wondered about this.. Just never tried it or inquired about it before. But good to know.
Ditto on the know nutting

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads