Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Feedback Request Site Speed Feedback

Discussion in 'NWFA Feedback Requests' started by Joe Link, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

We just finished implementing a server configuration change designed to speed up the site (roughly 30 minutes ago). Anyone notice a difference? Any issues?

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As of tonight, I'm no longer getting e-mail notices on threads that I've posted replies to.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hmm. When was the last one?

4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

The site is running really fast for me! And I mean from one page to the next is almost instantly!!
    No more watching TV while pages load!

Joe Link likes this.
  5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3:03 PM. When I visit the site, I see the little red number next to the alerts bell, but no e-mail notification.

6. Joe Link

I'm on my desktop now, certainly seems much faster. The show your guns thread with all the pictures used to take much longer!

Anyone else having issues with this? I'm doing some testing now.

7. Joe Link

You're definitely correct about this, just verified. Working on a fix now.

8. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

I would say its faster maybe by 1-3 seconds which on page flipping is really improved.
    I have a 60MB connection and this site was just average at best, but I can tell right now its snap right to a new page very cool. Thank You Joe.

Joe Link likes this.
  9. Joe Link

Good to hear! That's what I'm seeing as well. I think about clicking and I'm already there.

These are the types of improvements made possible by the switch from V2 to V3, the server migrations, etc. It's only going to get better! :)

DuneHopper likes this.
  10. Joe Link

Fixed now :D