Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Site pusher for Sig 226 .22 slide

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by aquariumjunky, Oct 26, 2009.

1. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

Hey anyone got a site pusher they would loan me if I pull the trigger on a front fiber site for my .22 slide? For a sig 226? Albany, Salem area maybe farther. Just looking to push the front site.

thanks,
    Steven

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Unless your front fiber site is seriously robust, you probably don't want to use a pusher on it. If it's a Dawson, for example, the pusher will bend it.

3. aquariumjunky

Well here is what i was thinking of ordering. I got a gift for Amazon and not sure what to use it on so was thinking a HiViz Sig Overmolded Fiber Optic Front Pistol Sight (Red).

But in your opinion a gun smith is going to be my only way to go? And if so do the masses agree?

Thanks again!
    Steven

4. Wallygator

Wallygator Albany, OR Active Member

I have a BIG hammer you can borrow!

and some orange paint.

5. aquariumjunky

You are the helpful neighbor! And you know I only want the fiber site so I can get my times down below what maybe double yours?

6. cameronhu

If you know a gunsmith you trust, it might be worth it. But that's not really where I was going. The overmolded HiViz looks pretty solid (a lot like a tritium site), so a sight pusher would probably be fine. The thin fiber optic sights are _very_ thin, and pusher will just bend the bubblegum out of them. Pushing the existing sight out is probably the most difficult part, and a pusher will be perfect for that. The new sight you can tap in, and if it's too tight you can always file it down a bit.

I have a 226, and am about to order a .22 version of the 226 (not that much more than the conversion). I also have a Springfield XD pusher. I'll check tomorrow to see if the pusher will work on my Sig (it should)- If it does, I'll let you know. If you PM me your address, I'll ship it to you USPS flat rate - shouldn't cost too much.

7. driftin

driftin Wilsonville Member

I would be interested in the outcome. Can you post if your sight pusher works for sigs. I need to purchse one. Thanks

8. cameronhu

Tried it on my 226 Elite, and it doesn't work. The body of the Sig is a couple mm too wide for the pusher :(

9. driftin

driftin Wilsonville Member

Thanks for the info on the XD tool. Sigforum.com has members that will loan out their tools. I am trying to buy a nice used one.